Dark Needs at Night's Edge

by Kresley Cole

Series: Immortals After Dark (4)

New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Kresley Cole continues her seductive and "devilishly passionate" (RT Book Reviews) Immortals After Dark series with this tale of a vampire shunned by his own kind and a beautiful phantom, bound together by a passion they cannot resist. Néomi Laress, a famous ballerina from a past century, became a phantom the night she was murdered. Imbued with otherworldly powers but invisible to the living, she haunts her beloved home, scaring away trespassers--until she encounters a ruthless immortal even more terrifying than Néomi herself. To prevent him from harming others, vampire warrior Conrad Wroth's brothers imprison him in an abandoned manor. But there, a female only he can see seems determined to drive him further into madness. The exquisite creature torments him with desire, leaving his body racked with lust and his soul torn as he finds himself coveting her for his own. Yet even if Conrad can win Néomi, evil still surrounds her. Once he returns to the brutality of his past to protect her, will he succumb to the dark needs seething inside him?… (more)

[b:Dark Needs at Night's Edge|1611656|Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #4)|Kresley Cole|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1357613946l/1611656._SY75_.jpg|1605350] by [a:Kresley Cole|4428|Kresley Cole|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1328377628p2/4428.jpg]
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense
4.75 Stars

This is the 5th book in the IAD series. And each book is better than the book before it.
Kresley Cole has an amazing imagination.

I was bewildered as to how she would work things out. It was a complex story with astonishing twists & turns.

The characters in each book become more defined. Their personalities substantial. Their world more tangible.

This story is about Conrad & Neomi.
Neomi is a ghost. Conrad a vampire.

And this is a fantastic book! ( )
  bodebeabay | Sep 25, 2022 |
pb
  5083mitzi | Jan 1, 2022 |
The heroine was a nice mix of patient and forgiving, and not tolerating mistreatment. In the previous books the hero and heroine were both powerful lore beings, so I was a bit apprehensive that the power balance would be crazy skewed with this one, but the author worked it out well. They don't have equal magical abilities, but they're pretty well matched overall. ( )
  JorgeousJotts | Dec 3, 2021 |
2.75 stars.

This one has its ups and downs. During its ups the story is enjoyable, during its downs it is full of the PNR clichés (predestinated mate, the need of protection of that mate and so on).
I bought it months ago and, even though I can't stand the PNR genre anymore, I'd like to read it before selling/donating it. ( )
  Sara_Lucario | Oct 19, 2021 |
Another IAD book checked off the list! I started reading about a book a day from this series but then school started and I wasn't reading as much anymore for a while but now I've finally finished this and I really enjoyed it! probably not my favorite but very good. This was our first time with a ghost as a main character and I liked learning more about the world through that.

Our romance in this book is between Conrad and Neomi. I really liked Neomi as a main character. She had a fairly obvious but interesting character struggle where she is literally a ghost and invisible to everyone except for Conrad and is desperate for affection. This struggle is somewhat mirrored in Conrad who has been a vampire who has been drinking blood from the people he kills and it has made him a little unstable. They were both experiencing any sort of affection for the first time in a while and that brought them closer together. As with all the other books so far, there's definitely some gender role stuff that I wouldn't like in a real life situation but it's still fun to read about someone being super protective in a romance novel.

I still enjoy seeing how all the different characters from previous books are all meeting and helping each other, or hating each other in some cases. It makes to world feel much more real and I like see what previous characters are up to. I definitely plan to keep reading this series, I'll probably just be getting to these books a little more slowly. ( )
  AKBouterse | Oct 14, 2021 |

Kresley Coleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Petkoff, RobertReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Oder, BettinaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
paul, jonCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I'll kill you for spurning me. . . .

A vampire warrior consumed by madness, trapped in the lair of an otherworldly temptress only he can see. The beauty wants him gone—the warrior can’t leave. Let the games begin.........................Néomi Laress, a famous ballerina in the early 1900s, became a phantom the night she was murdered. Imbued with powers, but invisible to the living, she haunts her beloved home, scaring away any trespassers—until she encounters a ruthless immortal even more terrifying than Néomi herself.

To prevent him from harming others, Conrad Wroth’s brothers imprison him in an abandoned manor. There only Conrad can see the dancer with wild raven hair—who seems determined to drive him further into madness. The exquisite creature inflames him with desire, leaving his body racked with lust and his soul torn as he finds himself coveting her for his own.

Yet even if Conrad can win Néomi and claim her completely, evil still surrounds her. Once he returns to the brutality of his past to protect her, will he succumb to the dark needs seething inside him?

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 179,836,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible