Air Is All Around You by Franklyn M. Branley

Air Is All Around You (edition 1986)

by Franklyn M. Branley (Author), Holly Keller (Illustrator)

Describes the various properties of air and shows how to prove that air takes up space and that there is air dissolved in water.
Member:kbieber
Title:Air Is All Around You
Authors:Franklyn M. Branley (Author)
Other authors:Holly Keller (Illustrator)
Info:HarperTrophy (1986), Edition: Revised, 32 pages

Work Information

Air is All Around You by Franklyn M. Branley

This book is about air and how air exists in which we can see and feel. The author gives and demonstrates scientific examples of how air are in the atmosphere and the sky above the ground. Additionally, there are more scientific facts about air in general in addition to activities to experiment with air.

I like this book because I actually learn something about air that may seem pointless and boring but I see how important air is especially when it comes to air quality that we breathe in. I also think this book does a good job of explaining the importance of air in our world and how air is incorporated in our everyday life. I would use this book in my science when it comes to air topics and examples of how air is used in our everyday world. ( )
  jhcao20 | Apr 26, 2016 |
This book is about how air is all around us, no matter where we go. Franklyn Branley writes about scientific examples explaining how air is everywhere. There are facts included throughout the book, such as how air has a weight. I really like how Branley includes activities readers can do to learn more about air at the end of the book. John O’Brien did a great job with the illustrations. They are fun and include a lot of line work. ( )
  cedoyle | Apr 21, 2016 |
46 months - Another good introductory science book to help O learn simple science concepts in the form of a simple, not too wordy picture book. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
This is a kid friendly science book that explains how air is all around us even though we can't always see it or feel it. It has some short experiments you could explore at home or in school that shows how air is everywhere, even if it can't be seen. This book has nice explanations and drawings/diagrams to help children understand this concept even more. ( )
  ccostakis | Nov 13, 2012 |
This book is air and how it is all around us. We not might be able to see it or touch it, but we can do a simple experiment that prove that air is here. ( )
  mleon2 | Sep 6, 2011 |

Franklyn M. Branleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Galster, RobertIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
O'Brien, JohnIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,518,302 books! | Top bar: Always visible