The Butcher of St Peter's by Michael Jecks

The Butcher of St Peter's

by Michael Jecks

Series: Medieval West Country Mystery (19)

England (Exeter) 1323 and panic is rife as a man enters homes at night. This strange man likes children, and when a man lies dead in his own home, killed for trying to protect his children, the folk of Exeter are up in arms. To Sir Baldwin de Furnshill the death is suspicious, as the dead man was a seeker of felons, a King's officer in the city of Exeter. As the country is in turmoi and knight is against knight, and lord against lord, allegations of theft, friars preaching against the Cathedral Chapter, and the country prepares for yet another civil war. Baldwin knows that finding the murderer is going to be very difficult. Then two more bodies are found and Exeter shudders at the thought that there could be a killer out there.… (more)

I have virtually all of Jecks' works. I am new to Library Things so am not going to go into great detail except to say that he has given me many hours of reading pleasure and largley give him 5 stars. Although it has been some years since I found one of the later stories, I was, at the time, prompted to find the first in the series, etc. It is grand that both his former publisher and his new publisher (Simon & Schuster UK) are republishing his books in print and other formats. I have given Jecks 5 star reviews over the years since I stumbled on to him. As to his research, historically it is from primary sources wherein he writes plausible tales into the historical setting. ( )
  Bookaholic2 | Mar 16, 2015 |

Jecks, Michaelprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,365,401 books! | Top bar: Always visible