Ginger East To West: The Classic Collection Of Recipes, Techniques, And Lore, Revised And Expanded

by Bruce Cost

Bruce Cost, author of Bruce Cost's Asian Ingredients, lives in San Francisco, where he writes and leads cooking classes, and is overseeing the opening of Monsoon, a new restaurant.

This was published in 1984 and was written with high hopes that the ingredients would become more accessible in America. Cost didn't compromise or Westernize the recipes and so this is a cookbook which is still useful today. The history and lore are very interesting and the recipes seem accessible and delicious. I have prepared three of them with ease. Some of the ingredients may still be difficult to find at the local market, but with the internet, none are beyond reach.

My friend loaned me this book to read. About half way through, I knew I had to have my own copy because one cannot very well take a friend's book into the kitchen to cook out of! I did take photos on my tablet of the recipes I wanted to try, and that worked very well. The only thing which could make this book better would be if it was published in a larger format with color photos. ( )
  MrsLee | Nov 18, 2019 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,033,351 books! | Top bar: Always visible