Superior Saturday (Keys to the Kingdom #6)…

Superior Saturday (Keys to the Kingdom #6) (The Keys to the Kingdom) (original 2008; edition 2018)

by Garth Nix (Author)

Even as he grows stronger and closer to discovering the secret of his identity, Arthur must face further dangers and conflicts as he struggles to attain the Sixth Key from the powerful Saturday.
Member:ozsa
Title:Superior Saturday (Keys to the Kingdom #6) (The Keys to the Kingdom)
Authors:Garth Nix (Author)
Info:Scholastic Inc. (2018), 288 pages

Superior Saturday by Garth Nix (2008)

I like the visuals around Saturday's realm. It's one of the better ones when it comes to motivation and the idea of a gigantic clockwork tower stretching upwards... cool.

On the other hand, we saw even less of Saturday than we did of Friday, which is saying something. I think she and Arthur were in the same scene for maybe a half dozen paragraphs? It's a bit weird. I assume we'll see more of her in the next book, but it's something of a departure.

Back on Earth, things continue to escalate. Did Nix really drop a nuke on the city? Looks like. It's an interesting move. I'm betting time travel shenanigans will be involved in the finale.

Speaking of the finale, the Will still hasn't caused nearly as much trouble as I expected. It keeps building up and then... nothing. At least nothing big. Another for Sunday I guess. ( )
  jpv0 | Jul 21, 2021 |
The penultimate book in the series finds Arthur battling Superior Saturday for her key. She's always had her eye on Lord Sunday's demesne. Action-packed. Arthur has let go of his avoidance of using magic, which is good because he needs it. However, due to this, he's struggling with staying 'himself'. The desire for power and a superiority complex is growing in him as he tries to fight it. His "I just want to go home" mantra is over, which is great because that was annoying. ( )
  EmScape | May 4, 2021 |
hb
  5083mitzi | Mar 15, 2021 |
We have almost reached the end of Arthur's quest for the Will of the Architect and the seven Keys to the Kingdom. Arthur battles the sorceress Superior Saturday, but I'm not sure if he's going to get the key from her, as the last pages of the book leave him falling down from the Incomparable Gardens after just having uttered his claim for the key. Collecting the Will was pretty easy, once he figured out that it was split into the the constantly falling rain, so I guess his lack of success with the key balances this out. He had better get the key asap though, because he was already in Sunday's demense and the House is perilously close to being swallowed up by Nothing. ( )
  JaimieRiella | Feb 25, 2021 |
no betrayal!! also, at this point, I barely have any idea what's happening. ( )
  kickthebeat | Nov 1, 2020 |

Garth Nixprimary authorall editionscalculated
Corduner, AllanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stevens, TimIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

To all the patient readers and publishing folk who have been waiting for me to finish this book.
And, as always, to Anna, Thomas and Edward, and all my family and friends.
Saturday, self-styled Superior Sorceror of the House, stood in her private viewing chamber at the very apex of her dominion, atop the tower that she had been building for almost ten thousand years.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,310,443 books! | Top bar: Always visible