Edward II by Harold F. Hutchison
55None326,198 (3.25)11
    Edward II by Seymour Phillips (waltzmn)
    waltzmn: Harold Hutchison's work on Edward II is short and pithy -- a fair defense of the king, but hardly a full history. Those who wish to see the whole story are advised to try the newer biography by Seymour Phillips. It's very full (if anything, a little too full), so it definitely cleans up the loose ends left by Hutchison. Any remaining loose ends are simply because there is so much we don't know about the events of the times.… (more)

No reviews
I must have wanton poets, pleasant wits,
Musicians, that with touching of a string
May draw the pliant king which way I please.
-- Marlowe, Edward the Second, Act I, scene i, 51-3
To Helen, Annabel and Toby
Foreword -- So far as I know there is no complete biography of Edward of Caernarvon.
Chapter I -- King Edward I was a man of giant physique, abnormally long life, and overpowering energy -- and he was married twice.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,767,128 books! | Top bar: Always visible