The Bible: In Contemporary Language: The…

The Bible: In Contemporary Language: The Message (2002)

by Eugene H. Peterson

1,719136,448 (4.35)12
"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why; so that no one need by destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life." Those familiar with any part of the Bible will recognize John 3:16, with a mind-altering difference. The words are fresh, new, and sound like the 21st century. That's because they are from The Message, a presentation of the Word of God crafted for the modern age. Eugene H. Peterson, translator and editor, learned from his years of teaching and pastoring that most people, through familiarity or frustration with the Bible, were missing the whole message of Scripture, "the Word that God uses to create and save us, heal and bless us, judge and rule over us." So, he set out to give us that Word in language we use every day - an audio Bible that would penetrate our hearts and minds, transforming us day by day into the person God desires us to be. For more than 6 million readers, EugenePeterson's unique style has opened up new understanding and insight into God's Word.… (more)
    Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Inc. Wartburg Project (lhungsbe)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

English (12)  Tagalog (1)  All languages (13)
Logos Library
  birdsnare | May 16, 2019 |
The bible in contemporary language
  Jorgeprado | Mar 1, 2019 |
Another version of the bible but in regular, plain language. Peterson did a good job I think. It translates well and makes things an easy read for those who aren't used to other versions or hate the King James. ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Jul 31, 2018 |
The bible in contemporary language.
1 vote | RubislawLibrary | Dec 6, 2013 |
The Bible in contemporary language.
1 vote | Rubislaw | Sep 26, 2013 |
First this: God created the Heavens and Earth -- all you see, all you don't see.

The Message is a contemporary rendering of the Bible from the original languages, crafted to present its tone, rhythm, events, and ideas in everyday language.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,748,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible