I Know What You Did Last Summer (1973)

by Lois Duncan

Four teenagers who have desperately tried to conceal their responsibility for a hit-and-run accident are pursued by a mystery figure seeking revenge.
    What You Did by Claire McGowan (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: Both books show how secrets can destroy friendships.

Nothing like the movie. It seems like the bare bones of this novel was taken and adapted for the movie-Four high schoolers driving too fast at night hit someone, and then a year later they get sent a note that says 'I know what you did last summer'. Who they hit and who sends them the note are not the same in both book and movie.

I think the book, although dated, had a better twist. This book does end abruptly (I also had this complaint with Duncan's "Down a Dark Hall"). I would have liked at least one more chapter to wrap things up. ( )
1 vote LynnK. | Aug 4, 2020 |
Nice bit of fluff. ( )
  Arkrayder | Dec 11, 2018 |
This is a pretty entertaining whodunit aimed at teens. I think I watched the movie, but I couldn't remember exactly who turned out being the one so I don't know if the book is different. It isn't difficult to figure out who is doing it in the book. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
BLURB: I Know What You Did Last Summer is the story of four teenagers who make a desperate pact to conceal their responsibility for a hit-and-run accident. A major motion picture from Sony-based Mandalay Entertainment starring Jennifer Love Hewitt of Party of Five and Michelle Gellar of Buffy, The Vampire Slayer

RATING: 5 STARS FOR I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER BY: LOIS DUNCAN
STARTED: JULY 20,2014
FINISHED: JULY 18,2014

REVIEW: This book was full of mystery and suspense and I really enjoyed reading it as I was on vacation! Whenever I put it down I kept wondering what would happen next and enjoyed it very much. It kept me on my toes and I hope to read more of Lois Duncan's work as it is so wonderful and full of surprises! This group showed me how desperate they were to stay a pact or even break it so they could let go of their secret! Read the book for more details! ( )
  christopher.kyle1706 | Dec 8, 2016 |
For Ginger Palmer
The note was there, lying beside her plate when she came down to breakfast.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,521,158 books! | Top bar: Always visible