Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (1971)

by Robert C. O'Brien

Series: The Rats of NIMH (1)

8,775147674 (4.18)1 / 195
Having no one to help her with her problems, a widowed mouse visits the rats whose former imprisonment in a laboratory made them wise and long lived.

I read this book as a kid and I absolutely loved it! I can't wait to reread it with my children. ( )
  stemreadsbookclub | Jul 26, 2021 |
I’m ride-or-die for the movie adaptation but the book is great too. I kinda like that there’s no real antagonist, just obstacles that the characters have to think their way through. ( )
  jobinsonlis | May 11, 2021 |
Just spent an afternoon with an old classic. ( )
  RobertaLea | Mar 20, 2021 |
For some reason I love this book...it has been fun to read it with the boys again. ( )
  mcsp | Jan 25, 2021 |
Questions for my granddaughter Eleanor , age 10
1) what kind of risks did Mrs. Frisby take? How did she feel about these risks? What kind of danger was there?
2) what happened because of her relationships?
3) she doesn’t tell her children what’s happening. What do you think about that? She doesn’t tell her neighbor but then she tells her children. Why?
4) is it possible to build a new world the way the rats were trying to do? ( )
  MaryHeleneMele | Oct 10, 2020 |

Robert C. O'Brienprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bernstein, ZenaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gazi, Edward S.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Catherine Fitzpatrick
Mrs. Frisby, the head of a family of field mice, lived in an underground house in the vegetable garden of a farmer named Mr. Fitzgibbon.
It was this, of course, that made our life so easy that it seemed pointless. We did not have enough work to do because a thief's life is always based on somebody else's work.
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, also published as: The Secret of NIMH. Do not combine with the film The Secret of NIMH.

AR 5.1, Pts 8.0

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,555,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible