dismiss

Sam Noir, vol. 1

by Erica Anderson

On the third floor of a cluttered low-rent office, Sam Noir meets his destiny. Destiny wore a dress, and she was the best thing to walk into Sam's life - right up until they snuffed her out, that is.

I guess you just have to like this kind of stuff.
The plot was interesting enough (alternate-universe(?) Samurai-turned-Sam-Spade and deviously convoluted machinations by The Bad Guys) but I found the crowded panels of B&W art difficult to follow, don't like the pattern of solving all problems with graphic and gratuitous killing (yeah, guys, I know that's the point --), and the mordant wit was shop-worn, though modestly entertaining. ( )
  librisissimo | Jun 6, 2017 |
The samurai detective angle doesn't--quite--work. I actually stopped about 1/3 of the way in. It just didn't catch my attention at all. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
Funny. Original. Sam Noir, Samurai Detective. ( )
  soulcruzer | Nov 19, 2011 |

Erica Andersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Trembley, MannyIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Angela, whom I would slay hundreds of ninjas to avenge, should she ever get killed by throwing stars. - Eric
For Lisa. Without you I would not have the courage to eat an entire bag of State Fair Brand cinnamon sugar mini donuts. -Manny
"Why does every sad story have to start with a dame?"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,215,151 books! | Top bar: Always visible