Spiders by Nic Bishop

Title:Spiders
Authors:Nic Bishop (Author)
Info:Scholastic (2007)

Nic Bishop Spiders by Nic Bishop

A summary of a day and the life of a spider. Talks about all different types of spiders and learn about each and every one of them.
  kstapleton16 | Nov 14, 2018 |
A non fiction book full of very interesting facts about spiders. Describes sizes, types, how many eyes and how they use it. Nic Bishop also describes how many legs the spiders have, their colors, how they catch their preys. Also about tarantulas and how they behave, and that they are the biggest spiders of all. In the back page, there is a note about the author. It says that he has a doctorate in biological science, and is also the photographer of his books. Images are all realistic photos of the spiders in their habitat. ( )
  lg503 | May 29, 2018 |
I enjoyed, and was somewhat terrified by, the extreme close up images of the various Spiders. I thought that it was interesting how the author did not mention which Spider the individual characteristics belonged to.
  airdnaxela | May 14, 2018 |
For the first to third grade set, spiders are fascinating and suitably gruesome, especially when looked at in EXTREME close-up. Amazing images show the beauty and otherworldliness of spiders. Simple, engaging text conveys basic information about spiders as well as cool and quirky facts. One stop-action montage shows a spider leaping twenty times its body length!
  wichitafriendsschool | Dec 20, 2017 |
This book was a non fiction book describing spiders. It gave some interesting facts. Did you know, that some spider lings can fly up to 100 miles? I just think that is crazy and I know the students in my class would too. This book would be great for students learning about spiders or bugs. It gives great pictures and great details about the life and habitat of a spider. I could also use this book to help some of my boys be interested in the animals they are learning about. I loved it! ( )
  Bcruz14 | Sep 3, 2017 |

Nic Bishop's signature up-close, stop-action photographs show spiders larger than life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:37 -0400)

Text and photographs introduce readers to different types of spiders and their behavior.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,185,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible