The Leaves Are Falling One By One by Steve…

The Leaves Are Falling One By One

by Steve Metzger

Other authors: Miriam Sagasti (Illustrator)

a story about the leaves falling during the fall. a group of children are running through the forest talking about the different leaves.
1 book
1 large book
  TUCC | Dec 20, 2016 |
Counting book for kids. ( )
  akd010 | Oct 28, 2015 |
Summary:
This book follows children as they rake and play in the leaves falling in the autumn weather. They rhyme scheme builds in pattern and is fun to follow along.

Personal Reaction:
This kinda reminded me of when my friends and I would gather big piles of leaves and run loose and jump throughout our hard work.

Classroom Extension:
Maybe have the class follow along with the counting scheme, one by one, two by two, etc. ( )
  TimothyOtotivo77 | Mar 26, 2015 |
Summary: A story about the leavings falling from the trees and children start counting the leaves.

Personal Reflection: A nice story to have children read-a-along with. Fast pace book that would keep a small child interested in the book.

Classroom Extension:
1. Could be used to teach counting.

2. Could be used tot each what happens when Summer changes or turns to Fall.
  jerryrichardson | Mar 22, 2015 |
Summery:
This book is a fun song book. The story goes to the beat of "The Ants Go Marching." The children are playing in a small open area with some trees around them. By the end of the they have made a pile of leaves and jumped in it.

Reaction:
This book brings me back to my childhood, the colors of the leaves and being able play in them. It's a fun book to read to children to start off the fall season. It can also show children what fall looks like in another place other than their own.

Classroom Extension:
1. You can make a dance to go with the story.
2. Have the kids count with you when reading the book.
  CRHamm | Oct 9, 2014 |

Steve Metzgerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sagasti, MiriamIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Come celebrate the magic of fall. The leaves are falling--count them all! (Can be sung to the tune of The ants go marching ...).

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,698,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible