Mind Catcher

by John Darnton

A thirteen-year-old boy, brain damaged from a tragic accident, is operated on by two unorthodox scientists, sending him into a netherworld of man and machine, to a place no living person has gone before and from which one person desperately tries to bring him back.

Darnton is new to me and this was intriguing enough to make me want to try his other books---yes, lots of medical information but at the end of the audio is a description of all of the investigating he did to make sure he was accurate. ( )
  nyiper | Jul 3, 2014 |
This book started out with a great premise. The first few pages had me hooked - or so I thought. About 50 pages in I started getting bored. Soon I was skimming multiple pages at a time. The author obviously did extensive research for this novel and, sadly, decided to put every bit of it into the story. I found the constant intricate medical talk distracting. The amount of information was unnecessary and took me out of the story. Also, the characters had a tendency to go through two or three pages of introspection - over and over - to the point where the story lost its zing.

This book could easily have been 100 pages shorter without losing anything. In fact, a shorter version would have gained intensity (for me, anyway). ( )
  Darcia | Nov 11, 2009 |
  kattykathy | Oct 23, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,707,940 books! | Top bar: Always visible