Eine mörderische Hochzeit: Roman (Eve…

Eine mörderische Hochzeit: Roman (Eve Dallas 3) (German Edition) (edition 2012)

by J.D. Robb (Author), Uta Hege (Translator)

Series: In Death (3)

Eve Dallas, policewoman of the future, is forced to arrest her best friend Mavis for murder when all clues point to Mavis as the killer of her lover's old girlfriend.
Member:ann_the_imp
Title:Eine mörderische Hochzeit: Roman (Eve Dallas 3) (German Edition)
Authors:J.D. Robb (Author)
Other authors:Uta Hege (Translator)
Info:Blanvalet Taschenbuch Verlag (2012), 417 pages

Work Information

Immortal in Death by J. D. Robb

English (73)  Dutch (1)  All languages (74)
Eve's personal and professional life clash once again as another New Yorker is murdered, this time a powerful model, and the prime suspect is not Roarke (this time, at least) but Mavis, Eve's best (?) friend. But this time Eve knows the prime suspect is innocent. The hard part is proving it with all the damning evidence.

Once again Roberts brings reader's back into her future world of crime, where love, lust, and greed continue to rear their heads within basic human nature. In this novel we see more of Eve's and Roarke's dark pasts, we get a more sinister look into the drugs of the future (called Illegals), and we see Eve's sharp mind once again tango with both crime and her love for Roarke and her friends. We also get to see a frankly hilarious-at-times dynamic between Eve and her new tag-along Peabody.

Also, it always fun to guess which of the initially introduced characters end of being the criminal. Because despite what some might say about crime, I believe Roberts indeed demonstrates that murder tends to be closer to home than people expect it.

I guess the only mildly disappointing thing about this novel was the fact that Eve doesn't end up fully solving the case. Rather, the criminal ends up revealing themself to her because she wouldn't let the case go and was about to find out eventually anyways. ( )
  sraazad | Jul 1, 2021 |
In Death 03
  JimFellows | Mar 3, 2021 |
In Death 03
  JimFellows | Mar 3, 2021 |
When Eve Dallas is called into a murder scene, she is surprised to learn that her best friend, Mavis, is a suspect in the crime. When Eve has to arrest Mavis for the murder, she vows to save her friend and find the killer no matter what. But it's not so easy for Eve to concentrate on the case when she has to plan her own wedding, tend to her best friend, and deal with the sudden memories of her buried past. Eve is determined to find the true killer and prove Mavis' innocence, and so she goes into overdrive doing just that. Eve turns up a connection to a new illegal drug, which benefits the user with restored youthfulness, but is also highly addictive and fatal.

This is the third book of the long running series and I 19ve really enjoyed them all. It 19s interesting to see how the author envisions future New York and I love the mix of mystery and low level science fiction. I definitely plan to continue the series and hope to read at least a few more this year.
  Olivermagnus | Jul 2, 2020 |
This is the next in the Eve Dallas series. Eve is a police lieutenant in NYC in the year 2058. Her best friend is accused of the brutal slaying of a super model. This series is pretty light weight but interesting. The technology of crime solving and every day life is advanced but the people are pretty much the same. ( )
  susandennis | Jun 5, 2020 |

J. D. Robbprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ericksen, SusanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fontana, PedroTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Romaní, LolaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The fatal gift of beauty -----Byron
Make me immortal with a kiss ----Christopher Marlowe
Getting married was murder.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,438,052 books! | Top bar: Always visible