All U Can Eat (Berkley Sensation) by Emma…

All U Can Eat (Berkley Sensation) (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Emma Holly

When the body of a wealthy woman is discovered in an alley near Frankie Smith's diner, Frankie realises she's one of Chief Jack West's prime suspects. The truth is, Jack's attraction to the sexy proprietor of All U Can Eat is all-consuming, though he knows hauling her into custody isn't going to improve his chances with her.… (more)
Member:SheLovesMaisie
Title:All U Can Eat (Berkley Sensation)
Authors:Emma Holly
Info:Berkley Trade (2006), Paperback, 272 pages
Collections:Fiction, Trade paperback, Read but did not finish, then returned or donated
Tags:contemporary romance, DDC800 Literature, DDC813 Literature-American Literature-American Fiction

All U Can Eat by Emma Holly (2006)

All U Can Eat was just OK. I couldn't empathize with any of the characters and the mystery was just OK too. I usually like Holly's books, but this one didn't work for me. ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
Omg the sex in this book is outstanding... with no jealousy in sight. Even a light hearted thriller thrown in for an extra added punch. I love Emma Holly books... ( )
  ijpanko | Apr 27, 2013 |
I found this an erotic novel barely disguised as a romance and mystery. I didn't find the characters well-defined, couldn't see what the romance was supposed to be about and the mystery part was rather silly. I found the sex-scenes relatively well-integrated into the story - although the threesome stood out blatantly and didn't fit well at all, in my mind. I was annoyed at the constant 'his penis was huge... his penis was even more so... etc' - I find it rather pathetic that the men's sexual desirability had to be measured solely by their penis size.
Having said all that, I like that Holly integrated condom-use for the most part seemlessly, as well as had open dialogue during sex and that the lead wasn't shy about wanting to have sex just because she felt like it. I'm taking this as solely an erotic novel, as the romance aspect was, for me, shallow and ill-contrived. It's not the best I've read but it's also not the worst, thus I'm not sure how likely I am to read another of her novels. ( )
  Aula | Aug 28, 2011 |
Holly is one of my favorite erotic romance authors because she can combine hot, spicy, explicit sex with a good plot and plenty of romance. So many of the erotic romances I have read are strong on the sex but weak in the plot or romance. Frankie Smith is the owner of a popular diner in California and unselfconscious about her sexuality. There are some very graphic sex scenes with a hot former Marine who she hires as her cook, and a pair of bisexual guys. Jack West is the chief of police of this small town and has a secret crush on Frankie. When Frankie finds a body behind her diner, she and Jack are thrown together. On the way to solving the mystery Jack and Frankie fall in lust and love and the pages sizzle with some delicious sex scenes. The tone was light and with a nice touch of humor. I enjoyed this one from start to finish. (Grade: A-) ( )
  reneebooks | Sep 7, 2009 |
Surprisingly well-written erotic romance/crime novel with characters who you care about and believe. I can see why Emma Holly has so many devout followers. Her fiction is sexy, female-friendly, and entertaining. ( )
  ChicGeekGirl21 | Feb 24, 2009 |
On nights like this, diner owner Frankie Smith loveed her life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,795,887 books! | Top bar: Always visible