Battle Royale, Vol. 5 by Koushun Takami

Battle Royale, Vol. 5 (edition 2004)

by Koushun Takami (Author)

Series: Battle Royale, manga adaptation (Manga adaptation, #5 of #15)

After their initial plan to take down The Program fails, Shinji Mimura and Yutaka Sato put their backup plan in motion. Having located all the supplies necessary to put together a crude bomb, the pair are all set to deliver their package right where it will do the most damage...the school which serves as The Program control center. The only problem is that the school is in a permanent danger zone. Shinji believes he's found a way around this. Or more specifically, above this. Meanwhile, Sho Tsukioka has never been what you would call a normal 9th grader. Flamboyantly gay, and damn proud of it, he believes the key to surviving The Program is to tail its likely winner, Kazuo. Kazuo, however, may have other plans. Finally, in what may be the most blackly comic Battle Royale vignette yet, Hiro Shimizu has seen her best friend turn on her, her other best friend murdered, and has now taken a bullet herself. While her wound may not be lethal, her bad luck, it would appear, just might be.… (more)
Member:MisterMeowzer
Title:Battle Royale, Vol. 5
Authors:Koushun Takami (Author)
Info:TokyoPop (2004), 216 pages

Work Information

Battle Royale, (Manga) Book 5 by Koushun Takami

English (2)  Dutch (1)  All languages (3)
Mimura & Sato are the most interesting. i think it manipulative for takama to pull at your heartstrings. ( )
  quantum.alex | May 31, 2021 |
Shinji Mimura is so cool. Seriously, I love this guy even though he seems tougher than he is on the outside. It's all an act, of course. Shinji has his own issues like everyone in the Battle Royale series, and I love him for it!

My favourite part of this volume was with the gay cross-dresser, Sho Tsukioka, first with his colourful back story and then for his obsession with Kiriyama. I love characters who are different and stand out for being so, and Sho is so lovable... even if he is a bit weird and slightly insane (who isn't?).

I actually had trouble getting this volume, I read 1-4 and then read 6-11 before I could get hold of it. I was glad I did, I constantly wondered what had happened to the guy with the huge dimple in his chin. I find his death quite sad, and almost funny if you're a bit psychotic, his story was short, sweet and very colourful. ( )
  emleemay | Mar 30, 2013 |

Belongs to Series

Battle Royale, manga adaptation (Manga adaptation, #5 of #15)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,236,103 books! | Top bar: Always visible