The Raven's Wish

by Susan King

47None446,284 (4.5)None
Elspeth Fraser is blessed with the magical gift of sight, and when she first meets a mysterious stranger who rode into the Highlands on his stallion she foresees his death. Duncan Macrae sees only his future love in her, however.

No reviews

Belongs to Series

Prologue
Scotland, the Highlands, 1552
"That was the day our greatest betrayal", the old seanchaidh said. Among the fifteen small faces upturned toward his, some of the children nodded solemnly. Their bright and dark heads gleamed in the low light of the peat fire.
Chapter 1, Scotland, the Highlands, Summer, 1563
"Aaarrghh! Missed him, the son of a snake!" Splashing through the water, scrambling over slick rocks, the girl gained steadier footing.  Staring intently into the stream, she swore again, and the airy Gaelic oath sounded like a prayer.
Brave man, to mention that! I gave the MacShimi my refusal, and you know it. But our Chief is as stubborn as the rest of you. None of you will listen to me.
Marry that MacDonald, you say, and save the clan from fire and sword. But I will not wed Ruari. The day is cursed that the offer was ever made.
Is it enough to stir the Highland blood in you, then? After all, you are laird of Dulsie Castle in Kinail
My cousins, the Kerrs, are good citizens of her majesty Queen Mary Stewart.
This land belongs to the MacDonald clan!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,220,969 books! | Top bar: Always visible