One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The…

One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way

Improve your life fearlessly with this essential guide to kaizen--the art of making great and lasting change through small, steady steps. Written by psychologist and kaizen expert Dr. Robert Maurer, One Small Step Can Change Your Life is the simple but potent guide to easing into new habits--and turning your life around. Learn how to overcome fear and procrastination with his 7 Small Steps--including how to Think Small Thoughts, Take Small Actions, and Solve Small Problems--to steadily build your confidence and make insurmountable-seeming goals suddenly feel doable. The science is irrefutable: Small steps circumvent our brains' built-in resistance to new behaviors. Throughout this book, Dr. Maurer also shows how to visualize virtual change so that real change can come more easily. Why small rewards lead to big returns. And how great discoveries are made by paying attention to the little details most of us overlook. His simple regiment is your path to continuous improvement for anything from losing weight to quitting smoking, paying off debt, or conquering shyness and meeting new people. Rooted in the two-thousand-year-old wisdom of the Tao Te Ching--"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"--here is the way to change your life without fear, without failure, and start on a new path of easy, continuous improvement.  … (more)
Member:Pxan02
Rating:*****
Tags:Read

Work Information

One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way by Robert Maurer

Bad formar. It doesn't sound clear. The speech is weak. It's mostly meant for corporations. Expected more. ( )
  deo808 | Oct 27, 2019 |
A small book centered around one small step at a time to achieve big results. Clear and concise with supporting stories. A quick read but these small steps are an interesting approach to a one size fits all world. ( )
  deldevries | Dec 13, 2017 |
Good book about how small, consistent improvements lead to impressive changes. ( )
  mdubois | Aug 25, 2014 |
I found this book while browsing in the bookstore. It is quick to read, but really made an impact on me. It looks at behavior change from the opposite of “cold turkey”…not to put that strategy down, but to offer another way to approach things that has the potential for lasting change, maybe more so than the grand gesture type of approach. When the author says “small steps”, he means really, really small steps; micro-steps. Like, just stand on the treadmill for one minute once a day for a month. That’s it. Oh, and bring your cup of coffee and your newspaper along if you want. Really. One strategy I learned that I like is to sort of reverse a trick for weight loss I’d heard of before but that I found hard to actually do: toss the last bite of a desired food…say a pumpkin whoopee pie from Two Fat Cats Bakery in Portland. His idea is to toss the first bite of the whoopee pie instead of the last bite, then eat the rest. So much easier for me to do, for some reason. This "one small step" strategy can be (and has been) applied to many different goals: lose weight, quit smoking, increase (or start) exercising, improving your marriage. A book worth reading, a strategy worth trying. :) ( )
1 vote kmcwrites | Mar 24, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,071,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible