A Rogue's Proposal (Cynster Book 4) by…

A Rogue's Proposal (Cynster Book 4) (edition 2009)

by Stephanie Laurens (Author)

Series: Cynster Family (4)

Demon Cynster has seen love bring his brethren to their knees, and he′s vowed that he will not share their fate ... until he spies Felicity Parteger sneaking about his racing stable. Demon remembers Felicity as a mere chit of a girl, but now she stands before him, all lush curves and sparkling eyes... Felicity knows Demon was one of the town′s most eligible bachelors and a rogue of the worst sort, but he was the only one capable of getting her friend out of trouble. She knows Demon will never yield her the love she desperately seeks, but could a marriage of passion alone be enough?… (more)
Member:SMBrick
Title:A Rogue's Proposal (Cynster Book 4)
Authors:Stephanie Laurens (Author)
Info:HarperCollins e-books (2009), 416 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:***

A Rogue's Proposal by Stephanie Laurens

English (11)  Czech (1)  All languages (12)
So utterly boring. I think I liked this book even less than the one before, Scandal's Bride.

A lot of horse breeding, race fixing, "Just because he wants to marry me, doesn't mean he LOVES me" whining.

I've read 5 books in the Cynster series and Devil's Bride was the only one I liked. How is this series so popular?

No witty insights to this book because I honestly sped read (ok, ok, skipped many pages) most of it. ( )
  WhiskeyintheJar | Feb 14, 2019 |
A Rogue's Proposal
5 Stars

Determined to escape the matrimonial fate of his brother and cousins, Harry “Demon” Cynster travels to Newmarket to look in on his horses. Imagine his surprise when he encounters Felicity Parteger who has grown from a young girl in pigtails into a woman with luscious curves and the face of an angel. Seeking Demon’s aid in uncovering a race-fixing syndicate, Felicity soon realizes that the man she idolized as a child is now a real threat to her heart.

A captivating romance with a charming heroine who has the hero so wrapped up in knots, he doesn’t know if he’s coming or going.

Like his cousins, Demon starts out as the typical devilish rake who forsakes his womanizing ways when he meets his match in Felicity. Although there are moments when his arrogance gets the better of him and his standoffish behavior almost costs him the love of his life, Demon ultimately redeems himself with his open and honest declarations.

Felicity’s surface innocence actually conceals a stubborn, headstrong and independent woman who knows what she wants and is not afraid to go after it. Despite her intelligence and resourcefulness, she is often reckless and her shenanigans constantly keep Demon on his toes as he attempts to keep up and protect her.

Demon and Felicity’s interactions are exceedingly entertaining and their chemistry is tangible. Laurens’ writing in this area is superb both in terms of the steamy sex scenes and in the emotional intimacy as the reader feels the tension building between the pair.

The mystery focuses Demon and Felicity’s investigation into the fixing of horse races and is the best in the series this far. While the case appears at first to be anti-climactic, the tension ultimately ratchets up and the resolution is very satisfying.

The secondary characters in the form of Demon’s family are wonderful as they embrace Felicity whole-heartedly and accept her into the fold without reservation.

All in all, this is my favorite installment in the Cynsters’ series and I look forward to reading Gabriel’s book next. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
My favorite of the Cynster series. I would read for sure. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
My favorite of the Cynster series. I would read for sure. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
This book started out well, I enjoyed the Hero, however I found the heroine to be immature, annoying, and at times ridiculous about 1/3 of the way though. I had to force myself to finish the book. ( )
  keeneam | Jul 13, 2015 |

Stephanie Laurensprimary authorall editionscalculated
Prebble, SimonReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gelder, Eny vansecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Iheukumere, Elkesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my Four-Year-Old Granddaughter, Alexa, Who Was The Visual Inspiration for Elise
Unfettered freedom! He'd escaped.

Demon Cynster has seen love bring his brethren to their knees, and he's vowed that he will not share their fate until he spies Felicity Parteger sneaking around his country estate. Demon remembers Felicity as a mere chit of a girl, but now she stands before him--begging for his help--all lush curves, sparkling eyes and so temptingly worthy of the love he's vowed never to surrender to any woman.

Felicity knew Demon was one of the ton's most eligible bachelors and a rogue of the worst sort, but he was the only one capable of getting her friend out of trouble. Her fascination with him had nothing to do with the power lurking just beneath his devil-may-care facade--or with the desire that flares when he takes her in his arms. She knows he'll never yield her the love she desperately seeks, but could a marriage with passion alone--even with a man like Demon--be enough?

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,294,732 books! | Top bar: Always visible