Neighboring Faiths: A Christian Introduction…

Neighboring Faiths: A Christian Introduction to World Religions (edition 2012)

by Winfried Corduan (Author)

Terrified, a young prisoner in the Second World War closes his eyes and pictures himself going out to bat on a sunlit cricket ground in Hampshire.Across the courtyard in a Victorian workhouse, a father is too ashamed to acknowledge his son. A skinny girl steps out of a Chevy with a guitar; her voice sends shivers through the skull.Soldiers and lovers, parents and children, scientists and musicians risk their bodies and hearts in search of connection - some key to understanding what makes us the people we become. Provocative and profound, Sebastian Faulks's dazzling novel journeys across continents and time to explore the chaos created by love, separation and missed opportunities. From the pain and drama of these highly particular lives emerges a mysterious consolation: the chance to feel your heart beat in someone else's life.… (more)
Member:Honeybee09
Title:Neighboring Faiths: A Christian Introduction to World Religions
Authors:Winfried Corduan (Author)
Info:IVP Academic (2012), Edition: 2nd, 496 pages

Neighboring Faiths: A Christian Introduction to World Religions by Winfried Corduan

I read the first edition several times in order to use it for a World Religions class I teach, but that was many years ago. This reading was my first time through the second edition. I still think its a fine text for a Christian introductory course. I suppose any reader, and especially an instructor, would wish for a little more of this or little less of that, but that doesn't really seem like fair criticism. ( )
  rsairs | May 5, 2015 |
A readable, coherent survey of world faiths. Very organized. Great for reading, or just looking something up. ( )
  w_bishop | Nov 3, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,456,536 books! | Top bar: Always visible