Justice, Vol. 3

by Alex Ross, Doug Braithwaite (Illustrator), Jim Kreuger (Writer)

Series: Justice (2005-2007) (9-12)

Written by Jim Krueger & Alex Ross Art by Doug Braithwaite & Ross Cover by Ross The final hardcover volume of the lushly illustrated maxiseries by Alex Ross, Jim Krueger and Doug Braithwaite collects issues #9-12! The Super-Villains' plot to exploit the innocent thickens as the heroes discover that it may even affect their comrades, colleagues and co-combatants! Guest-starring Black Adam, the Marvel Family, Doom Patrol, the Metal Men, the Titans, Supergirl and more!… (more)

Once more a must read by DC Comics. ( )
  Glaucialm | Feb 18, 2016 |
The epic conclusion! ( )
  ptdilloway | Nov 21, 2013 |
Alex Ross' art is so stately and beautiful, that while his stories can leave you a little cold, you're willing to forgive him. I guess it's fitting then, that Justice wraps up its story by wrapping up its heroes in metal suits. I enjoyed some of the switcheroos he pulled at the end, but with such a huge cast of characters, it just kind of turns into a mish-mash. The good guys fight the bad guys and I just don't care all that much. ( )
  jawalter | Nov 18, 2012 |
A disappointing conclusion to a story with some promise, but which eventually crumbled under the weight of its excess complexity. After two readings, I'm still not sure I follow all the storylines and their resolutions, and am not sure I'm interested enough to try too hard. Suffice it to say, the good guys win out without any lasting repercussions, and even Wonder Woman's death is reversed in an all too easy fashion. This is almost as bad as the Superman movie where Supes brought Lois back to life by reversing time. At least the artwork is nice to look at, although I prefer unadulterated Alex Ross. He and Doug Braithwaite do not mix well. ( )
  burnit99 | Nov 16, 2007 |
In the third and last volume in this series, the World's Greatest Super-Heroes have banded together to stop the super-villains from taking over the earth. They must find a way to shield themselves from Brainiac's microscopic mind control machines. Once shielded, they will execute an intricate plan to destabilize the hold Brainiac has on the villains and the younger super-heroes.

Alex Ross has created another well written and beautifully illustrated graphic novel. His characterizations of the super-heroes and super-villains are based on the Silver Age comics that I read when I was younger. As always, his art work is spectacular. I have enjoyed the whole series immensely ( )
  craso | Oct 21, 2007 |

Alex Rossprimary authorall editionscalculated
Braithwaite, DougIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kreuger, JimWritermain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Is contained in

With a word, I become the world's mightiest mortal. With a whisper, the thunders call my name. I am Captain Marvel.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,705,375 books! | Top bar: Always visible