Love You Forever (Deluxe Gift Edition)

Love You Forever (Deluxe Gift Edition) (1986)

Member:PagesbyHeather
Title:Love You Forever (Deluxe Gift Edition)
Authors:
Info:Firefly Books, 32 pages

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (1986)

English (373)  Spanish (3)  All languages (376)
Will be quoting this book for the rest of my life! I read it nightly to my 3 sons when they were little, now that I'm going to have a grandson, he'll have it read to him a lot too, by his parents and me! ( )
  emeraldgirl68 | Sep 30, 2018 |
summary: A boy's mother sings a song to him every night, even as he gets older. Once she is too old to sing, he sings the song to her and eventually sings to his child.
reflection: This story made me cry, not going to lie. It made me think about my grandma's relationship with my dad, a little bit. Then how my dad used to pass along the same stories that his mom used to tell him. It was such a sweet story and made me feel lots of different emotions regarding how I grew up and my relationship with my parents.
  dempseydee | Sep 23, 2018 |
Love You Forever is a book where we get to see a boy grow into a man. It's all about love and family and just a really sweet book about a boy and his mom.

This is my favorite book from my own childhood. Although the story tells of a mother and son's relationship, I associate this book with my father. He would read this book to me as a kid before I went to sleep. I can still hear him singing "as long I'm living my baby you'll be"! The illustrations aren't my favorite and that's normally what catches my attention for a book but the story is the thing that I love about this book. I can't wait to read this book to my kids.
  Hayleykeyser | Sep 17, 2018 |
Personally this book is near an dear to my heart, my mom would read me the book before I would go to sleep every night. I think that this book is a great kids books because it helps them build bond with their moms if she were to read it to them before bed like my mom read to me. ( )
  calban5 | Sep 10, 2018 |
The author Robert Munsch and pictures for was good and believed a good book to read about developmental stage. This book about development and love is very good to read to infants developments children who are away from their caregiver for the first time, and for other children who are in the others to development
  cterrell4253 | Aug 22, 2018 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGraw, SheilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Sam, Gilly, Andrew, Tyya and Julie Munsch
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

This is a story about the strong bond between a mother and her son. We watch as the mother stays behind her son as he grows into a young boy, teenager, young man, and a father of his own. This is a great story about family and love.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0920668372, Paperback)

The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed. Each stage is illustrated by one of Sheila McGraw's comic and yet poignant pastels. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:50 -0400)

As her son grows up from little boy to adult man, a mother secretly rocks him each night as he sleeps.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,565,653 books! | Top bar: Always visible