Jack of Fables Vol. 2: Jack of Hearts by…

Jack of Fables Vol. 2: Jack of Hearts (2007)

by Bill Willingham, Tony Akins, Steve Leialoha (Illustrator), Matthew Sturges (Author), Matthew Sturges (Author)

No, this isn't as good as Fables. No, Jack isn't likeable at all.
But I'd rather read this over a lot of the other boring comics out there. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Volume 2 of Jack of Fables continues Jack’s story as he makes good his escape from the Golden Boughs. While hiding out in the mountains, he relates his story of how he became Jack of Frost. He then decides to try his luck in Las Vegas. When he hooks up with a character called Pathetic Fallacy, he wins big but he comes up against Lady Luck and she manages to cut him down. Although Jack manages to get his revenge, by the end of the book, Jack and his new side-kick are hitch-hiking their way out of Vegas.

Jack is a complete jerk, but he is an entertaining jerk as he moves from one mess after another and I am enjoying this side excursion from the main Fables stories. It’s also very obvious that the authors and artists get a kick out of delivering these Jack stories. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Jan 11, 2016 |
My blog post about this book is at this link. ( )
  SuziQoregon | Aug 5, 2014 |
Birthday gift to myself! ( )
  capriciousreader | Dec 20, 2013 |
4/5

I preferred this novel to the previous volume. I loved how Jack was also Jack Frost and seeing that tale. I really want his son to come into play in later novels. Also enjoyed Lady Luck in Vegas. I hope to see her again. ( )
  renrav | Sep 22, 2013 |

Bill Willinghamprimary authorall editionscalculated
Akins, Tonymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Leialoha, SteveIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Sturges, MatthewAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Sturges, MatthewAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Look, there's another one of the Golden Bough's kidnap vans prowling around down there.

Jack reveals the secret of his former relationship with the illustrious Snow Queen -- when he took her powers and became known as Jack Frost. And in present times, he lands in Las Vegas and meets his lovely new bride, a directionless heiress. Could it possibly be "happily ever after" at last? -- Publisher's website.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,628,736 books! | Top bar: Always visible