The Princess Shawl: A Shetland Lace Masterpiece (2002)

by Sharon Miller

181954,799 (5)None

Sharon Miller's summary, from the back cover of the pattern book:
The Princess Shawl is inspired by one presented to Alexandra, Princess of Wales by Shetland in 1863. It is one of the most challenging projects for lace knitters available.

I have been lusting after this pattern ever since I first saw a photo of it on Ravelry, and finally decided I must have it. The pattern is beautifully laid out, and includes several large scale color charts. The charts for the largest design elements are printed on double size sheets, and are not fastened into the book. I don't know if I am ready for this challenge, but I will have to at least try a few swatches. Even if I never make the shawl, this is a wonderful resource for the techniques and motifs used in Shetland shawls.

Note: This shawl is HUGE - if knitted in #70 DMC crochet cotton, the expected finished size is 64" vertically along the center back, and 108" wide. (It would weigh a ton in cotton!) ( )
  oregonobsessionz | Dec 6, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,971,444 books! | Top bar: Always visible