In Defense of Israel (First Edition) by John…

In Defense of Israel (First Edition)

by John Hagee

For the Love of Zion by Elwood McQuaid (EncompassedRunner)
    EncompassedRunner: Hagee's book might be well-intentioned, but for whatever reason it sacrifices sound doctrine, even to the point of denying that Jesus is the Messiah. So for Christian Zionists disappointed in Hagee's book, I recommend McQuaid's "For the Love of Zion" as another popular level Christian Zionist book that argues for supporting Israel, yet not at the expense of throwing out doctrine.… (more)

I have the original non-revised version where he states "..there is not one verse of scripture in the new Testament that says Jesus came to be the Messiah." page 136...Scary stuff ( )
  tptrost | Feb 10, 2016 |
Non-negotiable facts. A blunt read. Well-written. ( )
  shdawson | Oct 21, 2012 |
NO OF PAGES: 207 SUB CAT I: Jewish - Christian Relations SUB CAT II: SUB CAT III: DESCRIPTION: Why is the Middle East in such turmoil? Is the modern State of Israel in the plan of God? Can and should Christians do more than pray for Israel? Does God's Word contain instructions to Christians regarding the treatment of Jewish people? In the near-thirty years John Hagee has been a lover of Israel, he has grappled with each of these questions. Like him, most Christians today don't know much about the Jewish faith or the history of the Jewish nation. They don't understand what is truly at stake in the Middle East conflict and why Christians need to do more than just pray for the peace of Jerusalem. They don't know the role they've been called to play in relationship with Israel, and they aren't sure how God feels about Israel today, either. As Hagee guides readers through the scriptures that explain why Christians need to stand with Israel and the Jews today with as much fervor as God does, they will encounter a man deeply passionate about loving this historic people of God. They'll be inspired to take up that same mantle of love and play a part in extending acceptance and favor to the people of Israel, just as God has called them to do.NOTES: Donated by Larry & Joan Hicks. SUBTITLE: The Bibles Mandate for Supporting the Jewish State
  BeitHallel | Mar 23, 2011 |
I don't even know where to begin with this book. Pastor Hagee's theology is way off the mark (his implications seem dangerous and leave me to question his reasons for being a Christian), his politics is clouded by his desire for Israel to be supreme, and his logic lacks scholarship (i.e. he argues that the Last Supper was not the Passover meal, but then he uses the Passover meal to make a theological argument about the Last Supper). Stay away from this book. ( )
  erikssonfamily | Dec 29, 2009 |
Ignites the reader to share Pastor Hagee's passionate support of Israel and her people.
  lifespringworc | Oct 11, 2009 |
Hagee demands that “evangelicals” must recognize of the Jews that “we are spiritual brothers” (p. 173) and that he is seeking “reconciliation with my Jewish brothers” (p. 35).

Can we call someone a “brother” who rejects Christ (1John 4:2-3; 5:1)? Is not Christianity superior to Judaism? And are not Christ’s words against the Jews who reject him quite strong? “And I say to you, that many shall come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven; but the sons of the kingdom shall be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth” (Matt 8:11-12). How can we deem our Jewish friends to be our “spiritual brothers,” if we hold to the New Testament?

In conclusion, this book should have a label on it warning the readers: “Contains doctrine that is hazardous to your spiritual health.” He at least could have titled it “Leave Behind,” as a suggestion as to what we should do with it.

2011 revised and updated edition
2007 first edition

Pastor John Hagee calls for Christians to support Israel and explains why, discussing historical Christian anti-Semitism and myths about the Jewish people, presenting answers to Christian and secular critics, and describing his founding of the organization Christians United for Israel.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,437,879 books! | Top bar: Always visible