TreeMan by Carmen Agra Deedy

The main message of this book could be about giving, but I think it is also another environmental message. Since they are located in the rain forest and asked for a tree, they are helping in slowing down the process of deforestation. I like this book because the language is very humorous. Since they live in the trees, they are referred to as "tree friends". While children might not understand this reference, the parents will definitely enjoy it. When the author writes about a plane losing a mailbag while flying over the rain forest, it says in parentheses "it could happen. Ask any tourist". Again, more humor for the parents. This way, both the children and the reader can enjoy the story. The other thing I liked about this book is the characters. They are very unique and ones that children probably haven't read about very much. They are also very generous, because they leave Santa Claus presents and the sloth even "gave the shirt off of his back". This is not only fun for kids to read about, but it is also teaching them to be kind and giving. One thing I think this book could improve on is that some pages have a lot of words and no pictures and children could get distracted or disinterested. ( )
  jperro2 | Feb 19, 2014 |

Three jungle animal friends with a love of trees have an unexpected Christmas "happening."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,793,411 books! | Top bar: Always visible