Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Sunset: The Baxter Family, Sunrise Series…

Sunset: The Baxter Family, Sunrise Series (Book 4) Clean, Contemporary… (edition 2008)

by Karen Kingsbury (Author)

Series: Sunrise (4)

As John Baxter makes plans to marry Elaine, one of the Baxters enters into the most trying season of all.
Member:Scrappy0720
Title:Sunset: The Baxter Family, Sunrise Series (Book 4) Clean, Contemporary Christian Fiction
Authors:Karen Kingsbury (Author)
Info:Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (2008), 336 pages

Work Information

Sunset by Karen Kingsbury

I like how this series makes people accept what happens in their lives by being reminded that it is part of the big picture God has planned for them. The father has to deal with selling the family home which is a common problem for many families. I liked how the idea of memories is more important but the way it was all resolved was too "happily ever after" for me. Amazed at how well Kari dealt with the suicide girl that played a part in her first marriage. Bailey seemed too good in her feelings and dealings with boyfriends. Impressed with how Ashley dealt with the pregnancy being another boy but not the ending with the girl baby. Liked the way Luke had to own up to his part on the marriage being on the rocks. ( )
  kshydog | Dec 13, 2020 |
"The power of a family's love and the healing miracle of redemption"
  SABC | Nov 18, 2019 |
Sunset, Sunrise Series #4 by Karen Kingsbury
John Baxter has to sell the family home before he remarries.
Other members of the family rely on their faith to get them through their lives.
The Christmas play is underway and many in the family have gone through the trials in hopes to be selected.
The story also follows Cody who is in the Afghanistan area fighting in the war and he ask for God's help also.
Many births, weddings, deaths and everyday life experiences.
Scriptures are quoted throughout the book.
Spiritual and devotional: great combination. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jan 17, 2013 |
Pretty awesome ending for these three series. The saga continues, however .for Bailey, Cody and Tim in the Take One etc. series, The other reviewers pretty much echoed my feelings on this book. ( )
  eliorajoy | Jun 7, 2010 |
All good things must come to an end and it's time to finally bring to a close the Baxter Family Drama series. It's interesting enough that the word drama is used because that's pretty much has been happening throughout the series. It seems that anything and everything that could happen to the family does happen to them. It's quite a roller coaster ride with lots of dips, turns and loops from the first book all the way to this last one. In this book, we finally see the Baxters bring everything to a close. John has decided he wants to finally move on with his life and this includes a life with Elaine. Ashley has to deal with fears of another pregnancy. Luke and his wife must come to terms with their relationship. The family comes together to help out each other in times of need.

While I enjoyed the book, there just seems to be a little too much soap opera action for me. Affairs are discussed, marriages take place, pregnancies are happening, past relationships get brought up. Like I said, there's a lot of drama that happens to this family. It felt like all stories had to have happy and tidy ending but not without tear inducing moments. Now I myself never felt compelled to cry at all but I can see how some of these scenarios can force a few misty eyes while reading. I did feel though that everyone going into labor at the same time felt too coincidental to me.

Overall it's a satisfying read if you've been following the family since the original series. Everything you want to happen happens, and everyone is together again for the finale However don't fear that you'll never hear from the Baxters again. Kingsbury has already released another series, The Above the Line series, where the Baxters can be seen in the background. It's like a spin off of your favorite show with cameos from the characters. The Baxters will forever live on. ( )
  mrsjason | Oct 26, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,338,014 books! | Top bar: Always visible