The Story of the Pilgrims (Pictureback(R))…

The Story of the Pilgrims (Pictureback(R)) (edition 1995)

by Katharine Ross (Author)

From the dangerous voyage across the Atlantic to the first harsh winter to the delicious Thanksgiving feast, all the excitement and wonder of the Pilgrims' first year in America is captured in this vivid retelling that is perfect for the youngest historians.
Member:EileenVandenberg
Title:The Story of the Pilgrims (Pictureback(R))
Authors:Katharine Ross (Author)
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1995), Edition: Reissue, 24 pages

Work Information

The Story of the Pilgrims by Katharine Ross

My First Thanksgiving by Tomie DePaola (buddingnaturalist)
    buddingnaturalist: Both are books about Thanksgiving with similar styles of illustration.

The Story of The Pilgrims by Katharine Ross and Carolyn Croll is a educational culture book. Rating this book, I would give it a five. I found that it was very interesting and informative. I think this would be a great book to share to children around thanksgiving time. This book is about a voyage that the pilgrims take across the sea to the big thanksgiving feast. The first year in America for the pilgrims was very exciting and interesting. My thoughts throughout this book, I was really amazed at all the things that were going on and the details that were given throughout the book. I think this is a very good book for young kids to understand the true meaning of what thanksgiving is all about. Throughout the book the illistartions were very bold and detailed for every reader to be about to understand what exactly is happening throughout the voyage. In the classroom the teacher can incorporate this book by brining in out in the month of November close to thanksgiving to be able to teach the young children the history and the details on how thanksgiving became a holiday. ( )
  bschubert | Oct 19, 2015 |
I liked parts of this story, while other parts I did not like. I liked how the book explained the story well for young children. It is hard for young children to understand history, but this book did a good job of portraying the history of the pilgrims. I also liked the illustrations of the book. They were colorful and showed what the writing was trying to say. Something I did not love was the plot of the story. This may have been because I do not love history, but for children who do this may interest them. I feel that the characters in the story may not be relatable to young children, because they are not pilgrims. However, young children may have a great imagination so they may be able to imagine the lives of these children. The main idea of this story was to explain the history of the pilgrims. ( )
  sfinke5 | Apr 2, 2015 |

Ross, Katharineprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Croll, CarolynIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Croll, CarolynIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

This book is by Katharine Ross, not H.L. Ross.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,605,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible