Ghost Hunting: True Stories of Unexplained…

Ghost Hunting: True Stories of Unexplained Phenomena from The Atlantic… (edition 2007)

by Jason Hawes, Michael Jan Friedman, Grant Wilson (Creator)

2562064,757 (3.59)9
Member:JenniferWells
Title:Ghost Hunting: True Stories of Unexplained Phenomena from The Atlantic Paranormal Society
Authors:Jason Hawes
Other authors:Michael Jan Friedman, Grant Wilson (Creator)
Info:Pocket (2007), Paperback, 288 pages

Ghost Hunting: True Stories of Unexplained Phenomena from the Atlantic Paranormal Society by Jason Hawes

Some of these are the same stories that have been seen on the show, but what I think is more interesting is less the stories and more about the guys. As much as they don't seem to like sensitives on the show, both Jason and Grant seem to have had their own share of *being* sensitives. I really liked the behind the scenes bits. I wish Grant said more, but hey it is what it is. ( )
  melsmarsh | Oct 29, 2018 |
Book appears to follow the stories that were on season 2 of the Ghost Hunters show on Sci Fi Channel. Usually very short chapters on various different investigations that they've done. This one included the Stanley Hotel, the hotel that Stephen King based The Shining on. Also the Winchester Mystery House where they found nothing unusual other than the architecture. This seems to run the gambit from benign ghosts like the ghost of a grandmother checking on her grandkids to demonic possession that may have been started with a Ouija board. Also they expose a few pranksters or charlatans who were trying to fool the guys. ( )
  ChrisWeir | May 20, 2018 |
Well it's pretty much what I expected it to be. I know the guys, Jason and grant, are men of few words, but I would have loved a little more meat to the stories. However I do have to say that I respect their more scientific approach to the paranormal: look for the normal before you look for the paranormal. That just seems right. I am such a sucker for those crazy ghost hunting shows in which it is all about somebody quickly turning the camera into to heir own faces and then say, "did you see that?" no dude the camera was focused on your ugly mug! Or maybe there is some psychic who always says that there is an evil presence around. And maybe he is British and often gets possessed during taping.

That doesn't happen withTAPS. These guys and there crew always seem to looking out for the home owners or employees who are struggling with the unknown. They are caring and it comes out in this book.

With that being said don't buy this book. Large print and thick pages makes it seem like you are going to get some really great tales of their adventures but really most of the stories recounted are approximately 2.5 pages in large type. That was a bit of a let down.

If you want something really creepy go find Peter akroyds book, yes he's dans brother. Now that book freaked me out I can't finish reading it! ( )
  wendithegray | May 1, 2017 |
High school and up - a few of the cases had adult themes (a woman haunted by an incubus). ( )
  keindi | Jan 23, 2016 |
I love the Ghost Hunters, so it was pretty much guaranteed that I was going to like this book. I enjoyed reading about their earlier investigations, but eventually they cover places that they've been to on the show (which I'm very familiar with, having watched the DVDs more than I should admit to). There was some mention of things that did not make it into the show and other behind-the-scenes details, and that was cool. ( )
  RobynBachar | Feb 27, 2014 |

Jason Hawesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Wilson, Grantmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Friedman, Michael Jansecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
The real-life adventures of the paranormal investigators-slash-plumbers who star in the #1 hit Sci Fi Channel television show Ghost Hunters.

The Atlantic Paranormal Society, also known as T.A.P.S., is the brainchild of two plumbers by day, paranormal investigators by night: Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson. Their hair-raising investigations, fueled by their unique abilities and a healthy dose of scientific method, have made them the subject of a hit TV show: the SCI FI Channel's Ghost Hunters.

Now their experiences are in print for the first time, as Jason and Grant recount for us, with the help of veteran author Michael Jan Friedman, the stories of some of their most memorable investigations. The men and women of T.A.P.S. pursue ghosts and other supernatural phenomena with the most sophisticated scientific equipment available -- from thermal-imaging cameras to electromagnetic-field recorders to digital thermometers -- and the results may surprise you. Featuring both cases depicted on Ghost Hunters and earlier T.A.P.S. adventures never told before now, this funny, fascinating, frightening collection will challenge everything you thought you knew about the spirit world.

The heads of the Atlantic Paranormal Society and hosts of the popular "Ghost Hunters" television show present an in-depth look at some of their investigations while offering insight into the tools and methods applied to noteworthy cases.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,783,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible