The Fury and Dark Reunion (The Vampire…

The Fury and Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries) (original 2007; edition 2007)

by L. J. Smith (Author)

Collects the final two volumes of "The Vampire Diaries," in which Elena sacrifices an immortal love to end the constant strife between two vampire brothers who love her, and then raises them from the dead to save her town from an unknown evil.
Member:alanaellis
Title:The Fury and Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries)
Authors:L. J. Smith (Author)
Info:HarperTeen (2007), 528 pages

The Fury [and] Dark Reunion by L. J. Smith (2007)

English (68)  Dutch (2)  All languages (70)
i own the 1st three books and they are amazing team damon all the way ( )
  charity123 | Jan 24, 2020 |
Love it! ( )
  marie2830 | Sep 2, 2018 |
Gah! These books are infuriating. I didn't really enjoy them, but I had to finish. I wouldn't recommend these and wouldn't read anything else by this author. I started them because the TV show is so brilliantly angsty and self-aware and good-campy...but that must all come from the show's writers, because none of that good stuff is in the source material. ( )
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |
Fun to read. ( )
  EdenSteffey | Mar 14, 2018 |
I read this one immediately after books (#1-2), not that it has much to do whether or not I liked the book.

I enjoyed the character of Damon, he's much more aggressive in the books than he is on the TV series, and the build up of the love between Elena and Stephan did make me pause- I'm still not sure it was a good pause or a "Really, you're how many hundreds of years old and NEVER thought of another girl after Katherine?". (I'll get back to you on that count.)

I liked the full circle aspect of Elena completing what Katherine wanted to do, but really disliked the whole "the town doesn't want to remember, so they choose to forget" bit.. gimme a break!

Overall, this is a teen novel written for and about teens (even the vampires seem to have the same emotional angst, so let's include them, too) and it succeeds. It does have the imagination, romanticism and mythology that is easily understanable, so as the characters grew (especially Bonnie)I enjoyed reading about her adventure. ( )
  lollyletsgo | Aug 10, 2017 |
To my aunt Margie, and in memory of my aunt Agnes and Aunt Eleanore, for fostering creativity.
Elena stepped into the clearing.
"I know because I feel the same way," Stefan continued. "There's no excuse for giving up just because it looks like we're going to lose. We have to try---because the other choice is to surrender." p 361 [in conversation with Matt Honeycutt about the problem of evil]

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,331,260 books! | Top bar: Always visible