Wishes Come True by Kathleen Nance

Wishes Come True

by Kathleen Nance

73None163,556 (3.82)None

For my #1 challenge (Fairytale Title), I read Wishes Come True by Kathleen Nance. Zoe Calderone had learned early not to believe in magic and wishes, but when her nine-year-old daughter, Mary, coaxes her to try conjuring a djinni in an attempt to brighten Zoe's mood, the hardworking single mother and computer analyst can hardly refuse.

Simon of Kaf has spent the last millenium bound to Earth as a virtual slave granting wishes. Unable to fully trust humans due to a vicious betrayal which still haunted his memories, he was an exile among his people.

When Zoe summons Simon, the djinni takes this, his ninety-fourth of 101 summonings, as his chance to locate his stolen amulet. He tries to manipulate Zoe's wishes, not realizing that, beneath her staid exterior, Zoe hides a wounded heart like his. I enjoyed this paranormal romance and gave it a B+! ( )
  rubyandthetwins | Feb 29, 2012 |
I like a good paranormal romance from time to time and these djinni books have just the right amount of otherworldliness without overdoing it and without shirking on the romance. I read the second book recently and fell totally in love with Darius, the hero. Nance's djinni world is believable and intriguing. I heartily recommend them. ( )
  SabrinaJeffries | Apr 6, 2010 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,455,656 books! | Top bar: Always visible