All things bright and beautiful by Cecil…

All things bright and beautiful (original 2010; edition 1962)

by Cecil Frances Alexander

Member:TheFamilyBookShop
Title:All things bright and beautiful
Authors:Cecil Frances Alexander
Info:Scribner's (1962), Edition: 1St Edition, Hardcover
Rating:***
Tags:Literature, Children’s Literature, Children’s books, Amazon, books, books to read, classic books, kids book, kids books, old book, old books, book old, gift idea, BoxBuildersBooks, recommended reading, kids, Image, Illustrations, Illustrator, Art, classic, collectible, collectable, library, collection, favorite, universal

All Things Bright and Beautiful by Cecil Frances Alexander (Author) (2010)

My library was finally able to get the actual book that we were requesting. This book has been done many times before, but I wanted to compare various artwork. This is the newest rendition for sale, and It has beautiful illustrations. It feels very now, where other copies have felt dated, or timeless. ( )
  LibrarianRyan | Jun 25, 2018 |
I have been trying to get a very specific copy of this book. No luck yet, but our libraries are still trying. This is probably the most beautiful edition I have seen this year. The watercolor illustrations are vibrant and perfectly illustrate this poem. ( )
  LibrarianRyan | Jun 11, 2018 |
You have probably hear this poem more than once. It’s pretty common. This illustrator uses cut paper to make the graphics to her version of this poem. And they are fantastic. Very intricate and interesting. Plus the color. It’s amazing what someone can do with construction paper. ( )
  LibrarianRyan | May 23, 2018 |
Such a lovely book to read with children. Gorgeously illustrated will bright colors and beautiful graphic design. ( )
  weisser4 | May 3, 2016 |
As an educator, I have mixed feelings about this book. As mentioned in the summary, it is a hymn about the wonders of life. I really love this hymn and the message behind it. As teacher, I love the rhyme that is included. For example, the hymn reads, "Each little flower that opens, each little bird that sings, He made their glowing colors, He made their tiny wings." Rhyming is such a wonderful characteristic included into stories for beginner readers. However, what I don't find appropriate for the classroom, is the religion included. The book writes, "The Lord God made them all." Despite being religious, I know that this is not appropriate book for the classroom. We as teachers are responsible for considering the diversity in the classroom and portraying the diversity of our world appropriately. I, however, would use this book with my Sunday school class. ( )
  edudle2 | Mar 9, 2016 |

Alexander, Cecil FrancesAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hudson, KatyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vojtech, AnnaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

All Things Bright and Beautiful is one of the most beloved hymns ever written.

Cecil Frances Alexander's timeless ode to nature calls everyone to celebrate the wonders of life, great and small, seen and unseen. Now Bruce Whatley offers a fresh interpretation of this classic for the whole family to enjoy. Through his lush paintings, we join a little girl's country ramble and share her appreciation of the beauty around her: a flower, the wind, a mountain view, all gives her reasons to pause and praise, and inspire us to do the same.

Ages 2+

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:37 -0400)

The classic hymn is brought to life through vivid and heartwarming pictures that describe the wonders of God's creations.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,451,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible