La Spada della Verità vol. 1 (Fanucci…

La Spada della Verità vol. 1 (Fanucci Narrativa) (edition 2010)

by Terry Goodkind (Author), Nicola Gianni (Traduttore)

The hero is Richard-the-Seeker, a woodsman with a magic sword. One day in his forest he rescues a woman pursued by assassins. She turns out to be Kahlan Amnell from the neighboring kingdom of Midlands who is seeking a wizard named Zedd to help her destroy the tyrant ruling her kingdom. Richard takes her to him and the novel is the story of their joint adventure. A first novel.… (more)
Member:ElayneCross
Title:La Spada della Verità vol. 1 (Fanucci Narrativa)
Authors:Terry Goodkind (Author)
Other authors:Nicola Gianni (Traduttore)
Info:Fanucci Editore (2013), 772 pages

Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind

The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (k1tsune)
    Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (Kcart)
    The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (Anonymous user)
    The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (bikeracer4487)
    Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher (leahsimone)
    The Good Fight by Justin Robinson (Justin.T.Robinson)
    Justin.T.Robinson: While different genres, both Wizard's First Rule and The Good Fight use an action-adventure story as a framework to discuss philosophical ideas of individualism.
    Rhapsody: Child of Blood by Elizabeth Haydon (and22polarbears)
    and22polarbears: This is the first of a trilogy by Haydon, all three books of which are of excellent quality. The preface to this book scared me at first, since it seemed a little too much like romance-novel fluff, but thankfully, I kept reading. I was not disappointed. I have leant my copy of this book to six different friends and recommended it to more. Everyone I know who read Rhapsody went on to read the whole trilogy, even my good friend who loves to read but avoids fantasy. Also, my friends who have read both Rhapsody and the Sword of Truth series generally agree that the Rhapsody trilogy stays strong throughout, while Wizard's First Rule is a great start to a series that ends with many sub-par books.… (more)
    The Gilded Chain by Dave Duncan (VictoriaPL)
    Heroes Die by Matthew Woodring Stover (nsblumenfeld)
    Well of Darkness by Margaret Weis (VictoriaPL)
    Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb (Kassilem)

English (164)  French (5)  Dutch (3)  German (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (174)
I struggled to read this book.
The narrator repeated certain phrases a million times. The narrative voice was extremely repetetive about the meaning of friendship without any actual friendship other than a freaky devotion. I liked the enslavement plot because literally the main character entirely changed personalities for this.
The bad guy was 2 dimensional and shoe-horned child abuse because the actual nefarious plot wasn’t enough to make him a BBEG.
  celltj | Dec 3, 2019 |
I struggled to read this book.
  celltj | Dec 3, 2019 |
Was op het eind toch wel een aardig boek. Wel viel het me op dat de Nederlandse vertaler heel erg veel van het woord 'welnu' hield. ( )
  EdwinKort | Oct 18, 2019 |
I've heard some pretty good things about this series, so I decided to give it a try. This first book is a very strong start. Richard is an intriguing character, and I love Zedd and his comedy. The torture scenes with the Mord Sith were pretty tough to read as was Darken Rahl's subtractive magic ritual. I look forward to reading the rest of the series. ( )
  jrg1316 | Jun 20, 2019 |
Okay, so I finally finished all 800 and something pages, and I'll carry on to book two. I didn't think it was as fantastic as some of you, but I didn't hate it either.

Though it was another example of really crappy editing. His editor must have been in the "hated it" group and so simply skipped huge swaths of it to reach the end as quickly as possible. It's the only explanation for the blatant errors the book was riddled with. Or, maybe TOR is a really crappy publishing house, what do I know?

Every review I saw was pretty much one star or five. It don't see it. I appreciated the imagination and the story, though a little trite in places (aren't they all?). It's good vs. evil, wizards and dragons and the world hangs in the balance with a little love story thrown in. Isn't that what Fantasy fans are looking for? Isn't that what Fantasy genre is? With that, it was over long, over descriptive in parts, relatively predictable ending...it was not 5 star material for me. It was a nice diversion, but I doubt I will ever read it again. ( THAT , for me, is the mark of a five star book!) ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |

Terry Goodkindprimary authorall editionscalculated
Beekman, DougCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bond, JimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gianni, NicolaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schuchart, MaxTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for Jeri
It was an odd-looking vine.
The German translations of the Sword of Truth series have been published in a split version as well as a combined version. The same titles have sometimes been used for the single and double volumes. Please do not combine German translations with other language versions without checking that the content is the same. Thank you.

In this epic fantasy, woodsman Richard Cypher is still grieving over his father's recent murder when he comes across a beautiful woman being pursued by four dangerous men in the woods. He comes to the woman's aid, and she reveals that her name is Kahlan, and she has crossed the magical barrier which separates his land from hers in order to find a mysterious wizard, the key to stopping the tyrannical and evil Darken Rahl from opening the boxes of Orden and possibly destroying the world. The magical barriers separating the worlds are coming down, the power of the underworld is entering the world, and it is up to Richard to find the strength and power within himself to destroy Darken Rahl and save the people of Westland, the Midlands, and D'Hara from the evil Rahl would unleash upon them.
Contiene i due romanzi: L'assedio delle tenebre e La profezia del mago. La Spada della Verità è uno dei cicli fantasy piú amati e seguiti nel mondo. Immenso per ambientazione e sviluppo narrativo, il ciclo ha ottenuto il favore della critica e degli appassionati, suscitando confronti con le opere classiche di Robert Jordan e J.R.R. Tolkien, e riuscendo a rinnovare un genere di consolidata tradizione. Finalmente in edizione tascabile, La Spada della Verità raccoglie in un solo volume i primi due romanzi del ciclo, L'Assedio delle Tenebre e La Profezia del Mago, proponendosi come un vero e proprio classico della moderna letteratura fantastica e offrendo un'occasione irrinunciabile agli appassionati e ai lettori di ogni età per conoscere e apprezzare un'opera famosa in tutto il mondo. "Credo davvero che quest'opera sarà un evento, come Il signore degli anelli negli anni Sessanta." Marion Zimmer Bradley "Un narratore di talento è una rarità, e Terry Goodkind è davvero tra i piú dotati." Anne McCaffrey "Un romanzo pieno di azione e di personaggi affascinanti, inventivo in modo sempre intelligente e originale." Booklist "Un'opera fantasy fenomenale, di grande inventiva, che rivela senza ombra di dubbio uno dei maestri di questo genere letterario." Piers Anthony

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,357,019 books! | Top bar: Always visible