Mockingbird Wish Me Luck by Charles Bukowski

Mockingbird Wish Me Luck

by Charles Bukowski

$ (2) 1970s (1) 20.00 (2) 20th century (2) American (5) American literature (6) American poetry (5) bch (1) beat (4) black sparrow (2) black sparrow press (4) buk (2) Bukowski (13) ebook (2) fiction (6) inspiration (1) literature (4) N1 (1) non-fiction (2) own (2) poem (2) poems (4) poetry (70) rare (2) read (8) storage (2) stories (1) to-read (3) trade (1) wine (1)

Solid collection. Many classics, some good, some stinkers. ( )
  blanderson | Mar 4, 2014 |
I've read several of Bukowski's novels and never enjoyed them. I've read two of his short story collections and liked a few of the stories but wasn't overly impressed.

However, I've long been a fan of his poetry. I hadn't read anything of his for years so I was excited when a friend gave me several of his books of poetry for my birthday.

Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this collection at all. As in, there wasn't a single poem of 159 poems that struck me. This really read like a man who was just spitting out words to make some cash. Very disappointing. ( )
  agnesmack | Sep 6, 2011 |
The first full book of Bukowski's poetry that I read. I thought it was incredible and there is a definite quality of "realness" to all his work. I remember I had one of my first really nice apartments on my own when I was reading this. It was summertime and I had a third-story enclosed porch which was all windows. I had made the porch into a small jungle with tons of plants and I had purchased a beautiful wicker chair to read in. On the ledge by the windows I started to put my bottles of wine as I emptied them and I emptied quite a few while reading from this book. One time I was so intoxicated, I spilled red wine all over the cover and it seeped into some of the pages. The irony was delicious and so was the book. Bukowski is timeless and a great voice. ( )
  DouglasMoore77 | Mar 10, 2009 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,567,496 books! | Top bar: Always visible