3 etsivää ja kuuma cadillac by William…

3 etsivää ja kuuma cadillac (original 1989; edition 1989)

by William Arden, Alfred Hitchcock (Creator), Anneli Kärki (Translator)

Member:mjuge
Title:3 etsivää ja kuuma cadillac
Authors:William Arden
Other authors:Alfred Hitchcock (Creator), Anneli Kärki (Translator)
Info:Jyväskylä : Helsinki : Gummerus, 1989 (sid.)
Collections:Your library, kp
Rating:***
Tags:nuortenkirjallisuus, jännitys

HOT WHEELS (Three Investigators Crimebusters #1) by William Arden (1989)

BOTTOM-LINE:
Same series, somewhat similar concept, different characters
PLOT OR PREMISE:
The Three Investigators series that I loved as a kid was transformed some years ago into this new Crimebusters series that I could never find in stores. The stories are aimed at young adults, but I was expecting the stories to have relatively the same type stories that I fell in love with as a kid. Wrong. Instead, they have updated their ages from 14 to 17, updated their lifestyles from chores and bicycles to part-time jobs and cars. And thrown in lots of women to entice their hormonally-charged bodies. In short, the characters have grown up but not necessarily in keeping with the personalities they had originally. In this story, the 3Is are helping their cousin who has been charged with grand theft auto.
WHAT I LIKED:
Jupe, Bob and Pete juggle the case, their jobs, and their social life to stay on top of things. In the old series, most of the time the characters were all together, or were working on different parts at the same time. In the new update, lots of other things interfere in their lives (a little more realistic, but less enjoyable). Yet Jupiter Jones is still the leader who relies on his brains more than his brawn.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
The biggest fault is that the authors have added an action element to the series. Kind of like some of the false notes that appear in other series, the characters in this series have increased their physical fitness with karate and judo. So, eventually, there is a fight scene complete with big thugs and guns.
DISCLOSURE:
I received no compensation, not even a free copy, in exchange for this review. I am not personal friends with the authors, nor do I follow them on social media. ( )
  polywogg | Apr 16, 2016 |

Mystery and music intertwine as the Three Investigators try to find the connection between a car-theft ring and a Latin rock band.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,923,924 books! | Top bar: Always visible