The Darkest Kiss

by Keri Arthur

Series: Riley Jenson Guardian Series (6)

9682016,925 (3.97)27
Half-vampire, half-werewolf Riley Jenson must use all the vampire powers at her command as she tracks two vicious serial killers--one who targets high-society strumpets and their lovers, and the other who selects victims with tragic pasts.
    Dark Fire by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters
    Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters

There's a *lot* of non-con going on in this series. It's somewhat made up for - at least for me, where non-con gets my hackles up - by having a pretty darn decent world build. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
Nothing to grumble about this one: I liked it! Both the romance side and the mystery side of the story were really interesting and, even if Riley's sentimental life maybe is more messed up than ever, I have the impression it's moving and going somewhere unlike the stasis I felt through book 2-4. I hope the next book in the series will keep up to my expectations
  Lara-IT | Feb 3, 2021 |
Riley and crew are trying to track down two different killers both killing for revenge. Quinn re-enters the picture, assisting with both investigations which turn out to be related. Riley is still hoping to find her mate, and revisiting memories of past lovers, that either betrayed her or demanded she change who she was to be with them. She's also learning about her new form, learning how to fly, or in her case fall with fewer bruises. There's also a new potential bad emo vamp to worry about. This was an okay read for me, I like these characters but I don't think this is one of the best stories in the series.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Picked up from the library. I think I may have over skimmed the last book because this one starts out with her being a sea gull?! Oh well. It's from the library so goes ahead those that were started previously that I have copies of.

Less sex than previous books, though the main character certainly is thinking about it a lot. ;^)

The ending kind of seemed hurried though.

ETA: I did miss a book! 'Embraced' something or other. So that explains why I had a gap. This one was better than the previous first four though. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Riley works with her new talents, flying is not easy for a wolf. Kellan wants a solo relationship, Riley's dream. He has problems with not being able to protect her. Ceri gives new predictions. New dark forces cause Riley and Rohen to search for new ways to kill. Quin is back and offers help and love. Rohen's life is in danger is more ways than one.
Non stop action. heartache and new evils. i can't wait to read the next book.

TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Keri Arthurprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lyons, SusanReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Being thrown out of a tree wasn't my idea of fun.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,925,346 books! | Top bar: Always visible