By the Light of the Moon by Dean Koontz

By the Light of the Moon (original 2002; edition 2003)

by Dean Koontz (Author)

The story of two brothers, Dylan and Shepard O'Conner, and Jillian Jackson, the traveling companion whom evil chance-or divine design-bestows upon then, By the light of the moon unfolds over twenty-four hours as these intrepid souls race to puzzle out a vicious violation committed against them. Dylan, an itinerant artist, has devoted his life to caring for the autistic Shep, whose challenges may lead them to disaster as they traverse perilous paths only steps ahead of deadly pursuers. Jilly now sees nightmares before them, and her visions prove prescient as they move together through darkness and light toward a destiny beyond the realm of imagination.… (more)
Member:Dana0507
Title:By the Light of the Moon
Authors:Dean Koontz (Author)
Info:Bantam (2003), 496 pages

By the Light of the Moon by Dean Koontz (2002)

English (30)  Dutch (1)  All languages (31)
I had read this novel when it first came out and thought it was pretty good. Not the best Koontz novel, but still pretty good.
Now I’m wondering about this. This novel now seems rather different for me, maybe because I’ve grown and matured as a person (I’d like to think).

The overly descriptive and loquacious ( ( )
  stephanie_M | Apr 30, 2020 |
This book is definitely a thriller. While reading this it was difficult to put down. I just had to know what was coming next. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery and crime.
  HeathernJeff | Nov 20, 2017 |
"By The Llight of The Moon" begins when Jilly, Dylan, and Shep's lives collide in a motel where a mad-scientist type character injects them with "stuff" and promises that "it does something different to everyone." While the plot revealed itself in time, the story was alll about the three characters and the mad scientist. In the end, the revealed thesis was one of goodness and wonder--but getting there? not so much. ( )
  buffalogr | Nov 17, 2017 |
One of his best ones. ( )
  kalyhi | Oct 10, 2016 |
I loved this book. It starts with two brothers being injected with some mystery syringe by some random guy, and ends with... Well the ending is one of the best "origin stories" I've ever read. ( )
  CrissyMoss | Aug 14, 2016 |

Koontz, Deanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lang, StephenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And at his prow the pilot held within his hands his freight of lives, eyes wide open, full of moonlight. - Night Flight, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Life has no meaning except in terms of responsibility. - Faith and History, Reinhold Niebuhr
Now take my hand and hold it tight. I will not fail you here tonight. For failing you, I fail myself. And place my soul upon a shelf. In Hell's library without light. I will not fail you here tonight. - The Book of Counted Sorrows
This book is dedicated to Linda Morris and Elaine Peterson for their hard work, their kindnesses, and their reliability. And, of course, for catching me in that once-a-year mistake that, if not drawn to my attention, would mar my record of perfection. And for discreetly concealing from me that the real reason they stay around is to endure that Ms. Trixie receives all the belly rubs she deserves.
Shortly before being knocked unconscious and bound to a chair, before being injected with an unknown substance against his will, and before discovering that the world was deeply mysterious in ways he'd never before imagined, Dylan O'Conner left his motel room and walked across the highway to a brightly lighted fast-food franchise to buy cheeseburgers, French fries, pocket pies with apple filling, and a vanilla milkshake.
Visiones is the Spanish title for By the Light of the Moon; not The Visions.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,907,160 books! | Top bar: Always visible