Vzpomínky ledu : příběh z Malazské…

Vzpomínky ledu : příběh z Malazské knihy Padlých (edition 2004)

by Steven Erikson

Series: Malazan Book of the Fallen (3), World of Malaz (Book of the Fallen 3), Malazan Chronology (9)

The ravaged continent of Genabackis has given birth to a terrifying new empire: the Pannion Domin. Like a tide of corrupted blood, it seethes across the land, devouring all. In its path stands an uneasy alliance: Onearm's army and Whiskeyjack's Bridgeburners alongside their enemies of old--the forces of the Warlord Caladan Brood, Anomander Rake and his Tiste Andii mages, and the Rhivi people of the plains. But ancient undead clans are also gathering; the T'lan Imass have risen. For it would seem something altogether darker and more malign threatens this world. Rumors abound that the Crippled God is now unchained and intent on a terrible revenge. Marking the return of many characters from "Gardens of the Moon" and introducing a host of remarkable new players, "Memories of Ice" is both a momentous new chapter in Steven Erikson's magnificent epic fantasy and a triumph of storytelling.… (more)
Member:mimildak
Title:Vzpomínky ledu : příběh z Malazské knihy Padlých
Authors:Steven Erikson
Info:Praha : Talpress, 2004

Work Information

Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson

English (57)  Spanish (1)  Slovak (1)  All languages (59)
Epic and awesome! This picks up at least in part the story lines from [b:Gardens of the Moon|55399|Gardens of the Moon (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #1)|Steven Erikson|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1548497031l/55399._SY75_.jpg|2646042]. The world grows deeper still, and what's at stake in events that occur becomes clear at last. ( )
  JohnNienart | Jul 11, 2021 |
"These matters are not open to debate, Mortal Sword. You are what you are--"
"I'm a caravan guard captain, and damned good at it. When I'm sober, that is."
"You are the master of war in the name of the Lord of Summer--"
"We'll call that a hobby." ( )
  Jon_Hansen | Jan 30, 2021 |
Damn good. Starts off slow, and the characterization is still not great, and it's still super confusing, but what this book does best is the EPIC scale. That word gets thrown around a lot, but this book definately deserves it. Much better than both DG and GotM. ( )
  Raykoda3 | Sep 25, 2020 |
Another immense novel, this is the first Malazan story which made me feel I actually had a grasp of what was going on and who the main players are in this intricate world. I enjoyed the novel overall but for some reason I'm a little shocked of the such high acclaim for this particular novel by the other reviewers. I feel like I enjoyed Deadhouse Gates more than this one. I honestly found the mid-portion of this book to be dragging on without a whole lot of value being added to the story-line. The characters were still great but I found some of the sub-plots to be unnecessary. Without question I'm eager to continue reading the Malazan saga and am really impressed with how the author puts these books together. ( )
  briandarvell | Aug 7, 2020 |
This series is one of my favorites. It is not for the timid. It can be hard to follow at times. It demands your full attention but rewards you when you give it. This book is my favorite of the series. There is almost no flaw in this book and the end is a gut punch that is hard to recover from. ( )
  Sanguinius8991 | Jun 14, 2020 |

Steven Eriksonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lockwood, ToddCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To R. S. Lundin
Swallows darted through the clouds of midges dancing over the mudflats.
For the German-language version of the series 'Das Spiel der Götter', this book was split into two volumes - 'Die eisige Zeit' (2001) ISBN 3-442-24997-X and 'Der Tag des Sehers' (2001) ISBN 3-442-24998-8
Please do not combine these works

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,578,245 books! | Top bar: Always visible