90 Classic Books for People in a Hurry by…

90 Classic Books for People in a Hurry

by Henrik Lange

2192177,709 (3.5)4

English (12)  Swedish (5)  Norwegian (1)  Hungarian (1)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (21)
Litt for simpelt. Skjønner at det var meningen at det skulle gå kjapt, men han kunne fint laget et par tegneserieruter til per bok. ( )
  henriette89 | Apr 21, 2018 |
  henriette89 | Apr 21, 2018 |
I checked this book out on a lark because, really? Look at the cover. The premise is that Lange will sum up for you 90 classic books you should have read. (And really, don't read this if you don't like spoilers. Of course.) In comic form. Each book gets one page, four frames. And for most? The title is the only thing in the first frame, leaving only three frames to tell the story. It's really pretty amazing he gets anything done at all.

But the premise is false. This is not a book for people who don't read books. (Unless, I suppose, you're trying to fake being a reader, but even in that case, this won't get you far.) This is a book for readers. Almost without fail, I found the entries for books I'd read, or at least was very familiar with the author, far more interesting and amusing than those I hadn't. And as this work is fairly cynical, I especially enjoyed the treatment of books I didn't like (One Hundred Years of Solitude! The Stranger!), or books I liked but have issues with (The Bible! Bukowski! (ok, seriously, I can't believe I just paired those two for any reason.) "Of Mice and Men!")

I liked it, but would have like it a lot more had I actually read all of the books. And felt more snarky about more of them. ( )
  greeniezona | Dec 6, 2017 |
Very funny. Loved the drawings! ( )
  ThothJ | Dec 4, 2015 |
Very funny. Loved the drawings! ( )
  ThothJ | Dec 4, 2015 |

Henrik Langeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jacob, MarkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rønsen, ArildTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wengelewski, ThomasTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tack till Johan Wanloo för titeln

A collection of classic novel adaptations, each abridged to one page of four illustrated squares with short witty texts.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,745,683 books! | Top bar: Always visible