Altered curiosities : assemblage techniques…

Altered curiosities : assemblage techniques and projects (edition 2007)

by Jane Wynn

Discover a curious world of assemblage with projects that have a story to tell! Step inside Altered Curiosities, where a wisdom tooth gets its own shrine, a honeybee lights up the room and a taxidermy eye becomes the eye in the back of your head. As author Jane Wynn shares her unique approach to mixed-media art, you'll learn to alter, age and transform odd objects into novel new works of your own creation. Step-by-step instructions guide you in making delightfully different projects that go way beyond art for the wall--including jewelry, hair accessories, a keepsake box, a bird feeder and more--all accompanied by a story about the inspiration behind the project. You'll also learn to: Find your personal symbols and incorporate them into your work. Alter toy figures to create curious new creatures. Master simple soldering techniques that take you beyond the soldering iron. Apply beautiful patinas and etchings to brass and copper. Transform cast resin into pieces that look like metal. The endless possibilities of assemblage are yours to discover! Let Altered Curiosities inspire you to create a new world that's all your own.… (more)
Member:AKmary
Title:Altered curiosities : assemblage techniques and projects
Authors:Jane Wynn
Info:Cincinnati, Ohio : North Light Books, 2007.
Rating:***

Altered Curiosities: Assemblage Techniques and Projects by Jane Ann Wynn

I might have liked this more if I didn't feel so overwhelmed by the projects and the cost of making the projects. I looked at ceramic baby dolls this weekend and even tiny ones were really expensive.

The pictures of the projects were interesting.

I think this book would be good for people who are a little less afraid of crafting and more open to trying anything than I am. ( )
  wendithegray | May 1, 2017 |
This book opened up a whole new raft of techniques for me that really got me over a hump with using my recycled material. I don't really like the artist's style, but that's good, since I won't be trying to copy her. ( )
  aulsmith | May 30, 2009 |

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,394,323 books! | Top bar: Always visible