The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond…

The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Michael A. Singer (Author)

7171320,246 (4)17
Presents advice on ways to free oneself from habitual thoughts, emotions, and energy patterns that limit one's consciousness.
Member:AC.Belgrade
Title:The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
Authors:Michael A. Singer (Author)
Info:Oakland: New Harbinger Publications, 2007

The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer (2007)

It's one of those slim books that take an eternity to read: the words need to resonate to be understood, and for someone seeking transformation, it's a tough piece to chew. I knew enough about the process to slowly take in the paragraphs. My only reticence is the clear Christian approach that he takes, probably an attempt to reach out to Westerners. Not for everyone, this book will nonetheless open to new ideas or encourage those who have started to open to new perspectives. ( )
  Cecilturtle | Jun 3, 2019 |
This book was unlike any other I had ever read before. Instead of helping me tackle all my problems one by one using different tactics, he made me see how I could get rid of it all in one fell swoop. He made me see the distinction between the lower self and the higher self, although he uses different words. Now, whenever I am caught up with the drama of my mind, I remember his guidance and am able to separate myself from the chaos while rising above. This has been a moment to moment practice and I feel that I have been made the better for it. I can't stop recommending this book to the people around me. It really is a gift to humanity. ( )
  Syeu715 | Feb 22, 2019 |
I wish I could give this book a million stars ✨. It is the best transformation / self help book I've ever read - and I've read many over the last 25 years. I read this book so slowly, in part because there is so much to contemplate, but in large part because I just didn't want it to end. My least favorite part was the final chapter where I saw the author as breaking rank and talking much about God and our connection to Him. But in true form to what I had learned throughout the book, I remained open to these teachings. It just seemed like this chapter belonged in another book perhaps. But maybe I'm missing something. I'm definitely open to that.

There are so many wonderful take-aways to be gleaned from The Untethered Soul. Singer discusses meditation to quiet the monkey mind that continuously chatters away; he advises us to be aware of the inner trouble-maker that tries to sabotage us at every turn pointing out everything negative in ourselves and others; he posits that we engage with the world based on past events in our lives; and so many more thoughtful points to be considered.

If you are at all into this genre and you're in a very open, learning space, this book should be at the top of your list.

loveleelisa | Jan 5, 2019 |
Book is mostly informational and it also contains some tips to train your spiritual self.

I have read several books on mindset and this is quite similar to the rest. It does offer me some new insights.

However, the lack of stories and step by step guidance might make this book harder to remember and internalize. ( )
  Jason.Ong.Wicky | Oct 9, 2018 |
There were several places in this book that brought to mind experiences I've had in life. I would give it a rating of 5 for being from the author's experience. It was not a belief system or a how-to. I found the book rambled a lot. At times I was bored reading and just when I thought it was saying the same thing yet again, there would be something that clicked or related again to something in my experience. I had a sense that the book was helpful, but I do not feel I can really be sure about that. If the title is appealing to you, then I think that, like me, you will not be disappointed. And also like me, you may have a feeling that you might catch on to all he says down the road a bit.
  ajlewis2 | Jul 11, 2018 |
To the Masters
In case you haven't noticed, you have a mental dialog going on inside your head that never stops.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,200,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible