Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson

Sundays at Tiffany's (edition 2008)

by James Patterson, Gabrielle Charbonnet

A woman meets her imaginary friend from childhood--and falls in love with him.
Member:Lea.Pearl
Title:Sundays at Tiffany's
Authors:James Patterson
Other authors:Gabrielle Charbonnet
Info:New York : Vision, 2009, c2008.
Collections:Hardcopies, Your library

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson

It was OK ( )
  aldimartino | Nov 24, 2020 |
It was OK ( )
  Andy_DiMartino | Nov 24, 2020 |
I picked Sundays at Tiffany's while browsing the public library in my city. I have read other James Patterson's book, and I enjoyed them, the other books were the mysteries; this is the first chick-lit romance book. I like his works because of the small chapters, and it feels that the reading fly by.
I liked Sundays at Tiffany's because there were parts of Manhattan that I have been there, and unfortunately, they do not exist anymore.
This book is an ok; the plot is a cleanser, a fast read. Sometimes I need a reading that I don't have to think about, especially while reading other books that I need a more concentration. ( )
  AvigailRGRIL | Nov 4, 2020 |
Jane’s imaginary friend, Michael, said she would forget him after he left but, she never did. Instead, she has created a popular Broadway play, which will be turned into a movie about their friendship. It seems to be the only thing in her life which is going right. She no longer lives with her overbearing producer mother, but does work for her. Her boyfriend, Hugh, seems to forget to be on time for their dates, and is an actor, a good one, which is why she always seems to accept his apologies.

Michael, in town after leaving his last child, sees Jane and realizes he wants to see her again, but it goes against all the rules. Resolving to leave, he is shocked and thrilled when Jane recognizes him at one of the places they used to go when she was eight. She isn’t quite sure he is real, but can’t stop wanting to believe it.

This is a fun light love story that I loved. There is nothing too hard in here, but the book is quite romantic and satisfying. I like James Patterson’s Maximum Ride series for its imaginative twist, and this has that too. The idea of imaginary friends being “real” and having rules they have to follow is interesting. Michael never gets sick, snaps his fingers for money, but yet sublets an apartment. He can only stay with a child until they are nine, and can only really remember the last few he was with, except for Jane. He remembers everything about her. I read this in one evening. I couldn’t go to bed until I was finished.
  readingbeader | Oct 29, 2020 |
Very fluffy and slightly riddled with plot holes, but who doesn't love coffee ice cream? ( )
  AnnaWaffles | Aug 28, 2020 |

Patterson, Jamesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Charbonnet, Gabriellemain authorall editionsconfirmed
When my son, Jack, was four, I had to make a trip to Los Angeles. I asked him if he was going to miss me. "Not so much," Jack told me. "You're not going to miss me?" I said. Jack shook his head, and he said, "Love means you can never be apart." I think that's the basis on which this story was built, and I suppose that it revolves around a belief that nothing is more important in life than giving and receiving love. At least, that has been my experience.
And so, this is for you, Jack, my wise son, with much love. And for Suzie--your mom, my best friend and wife, all in one.
And finally, for Richard DiLallo, who helped tremendously at a key point in the development of the final story.
--J.P.
Michael was running as fast as he could, running down thickly congested streets toward New York Hospital -- Jane was dying there -- when suddenly a scene from the past came to him, a dizzying rush of overpowering memories that nearly knocked him out of his sneakers.
I miss you already.
“So, let me get this right...the big whoop about being human is that you get to die?”

A woman meets her imaginary friend from childhood--and falls in love with him.

From CD Case: "Jane Margaux is a lonely little girl. Her mother, a powerful Broadway producer, makes time for her only once a week, for their Sunday trip to admire jewelry at Tiffany's. Jane has only one friend: a handsome, comforting, funny man named Michael. He's perfect. But only she can see him. Michael can't stay forever, though. On Jane's ninth birthday he leaves, promising her that she'll soon forget him.

Years later, in her thirties, Jane is just as alone as she was as a child. And despite her own success as a playwright, she is even more trapped by her overbearing mother. Then she meets someone--a handsome, comforting, funny man. He's perfect. His name is Michael . . .

This is a heartrending story that surpasses all expectations of why these people have been brought together. With the breathtaking momentum and gripping emotional twists that have made James Patterson a bestselling author all over the world, SUNDAYS AT TIFFANY’S takes an altogether fresh look at the timeless and transforming power of love. "

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,515,689 books! | Top bar: Always visible