Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely (Quality)) by…

Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely (Quality)) (edition 2009)

by Melissa Marr

Series: Wicked Lovely (2)

3,2091233,543 (3.63)113
Seventeen-year-old Leslie wants a tattoo as a way of reclaiming control of herself and her body, but the eerie image she selects pulls her into the dangerous Dark Court of the faeries, where she draws on inner strength to make a horrible choice.
Member:SueBentley
Title:Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely (Quality))
Authors:Melissa Marr
Info:HarperCollins (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned

Work Information

Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

English (122)  Finnish (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (124)
This second book in the series shifts focus away from Aislinn, Seth, and Keenan and instead puts one of Aislinn's friends center stage as she unwittingly enters the business and awareness of the fairies when she chooses a special pattern for her first tattoo.

The problem with talking about books in a series is that you can't...talk about them without giving things away. So I'll just say that I enjoyed this one nearly as much as the first, and I particularly liked how abuse gets treated in both a read and a metaphorical way. ( )
  electrascaife | May 12, 2022 |
Fairies ( )
  DesertMoon | Apr 15, 2022 |
Favorite book of the series so far (just have to read Darkest Mercy!)
Leslie might be my favorite character of the whole series. She's developed so well in this book, and I found the plot interesting. ( )
  DoomLuz | Jul 20, 2021 |
Well, I really liked the first book of this series, but somehow I just don't seen to bring myself to finish this. I got quite far. But now I just don't care. So, not going to finish. ( )
  RankkaApina | Feb 22, 2021 |
Ink Exchange is Melissa Marr's follow up to the book Wicked Lovely. This book follows Leslie, one of Aislinn's best frinds, as she struggles to deal with her personal demons. Leslie decides to get a tattoo to sybolize the changes she wants to have in her life. When she sees the tattoo of a beautiful pair of wings in the tattoo shop, she knows that it's the one for her. Little does she know the changes it will bring to her life. For after she gets the tattoo, Leslie is bound to the Dark Court of the fearie that world that she knows nothing about.

Although Ink Exchange does move over and follow Leslie's introduction to the Fearie world, Keenan, Seth and Aislinn from the first book are there also in the background. Marr also gives us new characters and allows the readers to see things from the point of the view of the Dark Court. She allows us to see that the Dark Court isn't all evil and that there are shades of grey in everything. Now I'm off to read the next chapter to the series, Fragile Eternity.
  melrailey | Apr 7, 2020 |

Melissa Marrprimary authorall editionscalculated
Landrum, NickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tucker, MarkCover photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Loch, Dylan, and Asia, who believed in me even when I didn't, and the memories of John Marr Sr. and Marjorie Marr, whose presences linger and give me strength when I would falter
To all the people who've been in the abyss and found (or are finding) a way to reach solid ground-- you're proof that the seemingly impossible can happen.
And to A.S., who shared his shadows with me-- I hope you found what you needed.
Prologue FALL: Irial watched the girl stroll up the street: she was a bundle of terror and fury.
Chapter 1 EARLY THE FOLLOWING YEAR: Leslie slipped into her school uniform and got ready as quickly as she could.

Copy & Pasted from www.melissa-marr.com

"Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance between the Faerie Courts has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly-vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.

17-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.

The tattoo does bring changes—not the kind that Leslie had dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faerie world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils.

Melissa Marr continues her tales of Faerie in a dark, ravishing story of temptation and consequences, and of heroism when least expected. "

Melissa Marr is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,287,190 books! | Top bar: Always visible