How tickled I am: A celebration of Ken Dodd

by Michael Billington

323,526,994 (4)None

This is, apparently, the only biography which Ken Dodd, himself, accepts as anywhere near accurate, The book, as seen from the title, does not describe itself as a biography but rather as a celebration. This is honest, because the book is only 72 pages long - and many of those are dominated by photographs. We get few details of the real Mr. Dodd, but rather an examination of his stage act and the way in which he builds same. This is not a criticism, the book is excellent at what it sets out to do and well worth reading by both fans of Ken Dodd and also by anyone interested in comedy. ( )
  the.ken.petersen | Oct 17, 2008 |
I saw Ken Dodd in Blackpool in 2007, the day after Portsmouth beat Reading 7 - 4 in a Premiership match. I had tears rolling down my cheeks more than 4 hours. In this book the author sees Doddy `enjoying another twenty-one years at the top of the comic ladder'. That was 31 years ago.
  jon1lambert | Sep 13, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,344,690 books! | Top bar: Always visible