Sams Teach Yourself UML in 24 Hours

by Joseph Schmuller

This introduction to Unified Modeling Language is intended for software developers and system or data architects at beginner to intermediate level. It provides contemporary and relevant examples, including using UML to design a Web site, and addresses changes in the UML tools market.

I tried to learn UML as an aidf to switching my programming to OOP. The combined effort paid off well but I went through several other UML books before finding this one. It's not the most complete and not the most "brainy", but you can actually teach yourself UML in 24 hours (or less).

If you're starting from nothing, and on your own, working through this then modelling everything you code can get you going pretty quickly. You'll soon want to grab a reference--I prefer [UML 2.0 In a Nutshell] by O'Reilly.

Using the scheme, even if you're not quite sure what you're doing, is very important. ( )
  steve.clason | May 16, 2010 |

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,464,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible