Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, No.…

Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, No. 1) (original 1992; edition 1992)

by Mary Pope Osborne (Author), Sal Murdocca (Author)

Series: Magic Tree House (01)

Eight-year-old Jack and his younger sister Annie find a magic treehouse, which whisks them back to an ancient time zone where they see live dinosaurs.
Member:HowardsPersonal
Title:Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, No. 1)
Authors:Mary Pope Osborne (Author)
Other authors:Sal Murdocca (Author)
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1992), Edition: Illustrated, 80 pages

Dinosaurs Before Dark by Mary Pope Osborne (1992)

English (183)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  Swedish (1)  Japanese (1)  All languages (188)
The boys seemed to enjoy it, but I found the sloppy, very poor writing distracting. ( )
  emrsalgado | Jul 23, 2021 |
Story of two siblings who stumble upon a magic treehouse which teleports them to different realms of adventure ( )
  VictorTran | Apr 19, 2021 |
 How you would connect it to instruction; intended audience; notable characteristics; and/or your personal response to the book.
I love how Mary Pope Osborne makes these educational fiction books so enjoyable for younger students! She's able to make learning about dinosaurs fun by including two relatable kids as the main characters that get the opportunity to travel back in time, in their magic treehouse, to historical events or time periods. This book is number one of the Magic Tree House series where Jack and Annie first discover the magic tree house filled with books that take them back to the prehistoric age of dinosaurs. This would be a great book for younger grades social studies and or science class as this is a historical time period and a creature to be studied. ( )
  Ariel_Amador | Nov 18, 2020 |
This book is about two siblings named Annie and Jack who live in Frog Creek, Pennsylvania. They find a mysterious treehouse filled with many books, and when they open a book about dinosaurs, they end up getting transported to that time period. I remember loving magic treehouse books when I was younger and I think they are fun books to read in a variety of content areas. This book specifically would be perfect for science class in either upper elementary classes or even in middle school. ( )
  helenkuang | Nov 16, 2020 |
One day as Jack and Annie are exploring, they discover a magic tree house. Jack finds a book about dinosaurs and wishing he could see one for real, they are transported into the past. Here they learn all about different kinds of dinosaurs, and Jack's wish comes true. I believe this would be a good book for children to read because I read this book in 4th grade and enjoyed it. I was always reluctant to read this series when I was younger because historical fiction didn't really hold my interest, but the dinosaurs were what drew me into this book. It could also be a good book for any other children who enjoy learning about dinosaurs.
  briannawallace | Oct 28, 2020 |

Mary Pope Osborneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Murdocca, SalIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Linda and Mallory,
who took the trip with me.
"Help! A monster!" said Annie.
Dinosaurs Before Dark is the US title
Valley of the Dinosaurs is the UK title.

Eight-year-old Jack and his younger sister Annie find a magic tree house, which whisks them back to an ancient time zone where they see live dinosaurs.

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,269,073 books! | Top bar: Always visible