Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, No.…

Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, No. 1) (original 1992; edition 1992)

by Mary Pope Osborne, Sal Murdocca

Series: Magic Tree House (01)

Eight-year-old Jack and his younger sister Annie find a magic treehouse, which whisks them back to an ancient time zone where they see live dinosaurs.
Member:238Elm
Title:Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, No. 1)
Authors:Mary Pope Osborne
Other authors:Sal Murdocca
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1992), Paperback, 80 pages
Tags:Magic Tree House

Dinosaurs before Dark by Mary Pope Osborne (1992)

English (177)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  Swedish (1)  Japanese (1)  All languages (182)
One day as Jack and Annie are exploring, they discover a magic tree house. Jack finds a book about dinosaurs and wishing he could see one for real, they are transported into the past. Here they learn all about different kinds of dinosaurs, and Jack's wish comes true. I believe this would be a good book for children to read because I read this book in 4th grade and enjoyed it. I was always reluctant to read this series when I was younger because historical fiction didn't really hold my interest, but the dinosaurs were what drew me into this book. It could also be a good book for any other children who enjoy learning about dinosaurs.
  briannawallace | Oct 28, 2020 |
This book is about two siblings that find a tree house. In the tree house are books. When the children look at the books and wish to go see what is in the books, they are transported to that time. In this book, they are transported to see dinosaurs. They explaore the world of dinosaurs and eventually go back to the treehouse in order to be transported back home.
  abeckley | Oct 4, 2020 |
This was my first chapter book series that I ever read and I love them. They are a great series of books about different events from history. This book is about two kids who travel back to the time of dinosaurs and have to take an adventure to help King Arthur and the magical wizard Marlin. This book is a great read for 3rd-5th graders. Even though these books are fiction a science teacher could use these books to introduce a topic about dinosaurs in the classroom. They would read characteristics of dinosaurs and have fun reading it. ( )
  brytniewheeler | Sep 23, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |

Mary Pope Osborneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Murdocca, SalIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Linda and Mallory,
who took the trip with me.
"Help! A monster!" said Annie.
Dinosaurs Before Dark is the US title
Valley of the Dinosaurs is the UK title.

Eight-year-old Jack and his younger sister Annie find a magic tree house, which whisks them back to an ancient time zone where they see live dinosaurs.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,822,751 books! | Top bar: Always visible