My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon by P. N.…

A collection of short stories by some of todays best known "supernatural" authors including Kelley Armstrong, Jim Butcher, and Rachel Cain. As the title suggests all of the stories were of the "supernatural" variety, were based on the honeymoon theme, and were for the most part light-hearted. It was a nice light read to take on vacation. It also introduced me to a new character by the name of Harry Dresden. I will definitely be checking out the books by Jim Butcher.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
Rating is only for the Kelley Armstrong and Marjorie M. Liu stories.

Kelley Armstrong's story is set in her Women of the Otherworld series and follows werewolves Elena and Clay on their honeymoon. Its extremely short, only about 35 pages. It was fun to read about Clay and Elena again. My only problem is that in a few places I was confused about a few references. I've only read up to book 5 in the series and this is set between book 7 and 8. So I would recommend reading the entire series up to that point before delving into this one.

Marjorie M. Liu's story was alright, but again way too short to get a really good plot going. This one is quite a few years before the time period of her Dirk and Steele series but is set in the same world. It follows Lucy Steele's story and if you've read [b:The Wild Road|2712887|The Wild Road (Dirk & Steele, #8)|Marjorie M. Liu|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1255710250s/2712887.jpg|2738433] then you'll recognize the woods and cabin. It was a fun short story, but I'll admit I didn't get as into it as I usually do anything she writes. I would recommend this for hardcore fans of the series. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
Let's be honest: Anthologies like this are compiled for two reasons. One - to sell to fans of existing series who want one more installment from characters they like, or Two - to attract readers to series they are not yet reading. I read this book because it has an installment in Katie MacAlister's Dark Ones series, and it was indeed a nice little tale about the honeymoon of Joy and Raphael - but not absolutely necessary. Most of the stories stand alone just fine, but you do get the feeling that there's more behind the story that you don't know (which is the case). So, if you think you'd like a book of short stories about various vampire hunters, demon-slayers, werewolves, and other paranormal types on their honeymoons, go for it. If not, pass. For me, the best story was the Harry Dresden tale (no, Harry's not on his honeymoon); the worst story was by far the last story -- poorly written, to say the least. ( )
  Carissa.Green | Nov 11, 2013 |
Amazon received
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
I hadn't read any of the Women of the Other World when I first read "Stalked". The story was more enjoyable the second time, even though I prefer Paige and Savannah to Elena. The Harry Dresden story was good. I liked the monsters. "Roman Holiday or SPQarrrrrr" was a fun piece of fluff, although I admit that the pun in the title is my favorite part. The Jack Fleming story was great. I wonder if the bride's sisters are as formidable as the bride and their mom. I hadn't read "Cold Streets" the first time I read "Her Mother's Daughter," so I didn't know what a horrible experience Jack had had only a month before this case. Now I do and it's worth a shiver. Still haven't read anything else about Black London, but I did enjoy the Lovecraftian atmosphere of "Newlydeads". Really can't blame Pete Caldecott for being depressed, considering what she said had happened before this weekend jaunt. Pete isn't on her honeymoon any more than Harry or Jack were in the last two stories, but what happens to the honeymooners in this tale is grimmer. "Where the Heart Lives" is a very nice story. For the third time in a row, it's the main character who needs to help a honeymoon couple in trouble. "Cat Got Your Tongue?" is another lighthearted title and the story that follows is even more of a romp than Ms. Caine's story. "Half of Being Married" is a cautionary tale about telling the truth about yourself before you get married. It wasn't bad. I could say the same for the last story, "A Wulf in Groom's Clothing". None of these stories deserves fewer than three stars, in my opinion, and a few are definitely worth four. I love bats and red is my favorite color, so of course I love the spooky bed on the cover of my copy. ( )
  JalenV | Dec 4, 2011 |

Liu, Marjorie M.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
MacAlister, KatieContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Saintcrow, LilithContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Thompson, RondaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I had to get rid of the mutt. (Stalked)
I was sitting in my office, sorting through my bills, when Mac called and said, I need your help. (Hereot)
Honestly, if she'd known that her wedding was going to become the media event of the entire eastern seaboard, Cecilia would have gotten a better haircut. (Roman Holiday, or SPQ-arrrrrr)
It's been my experience that a blushing bride usually waits until after the honeymoon's over before hiring a gumshoe to check up on her husband's whereabouts. (Her Mother's Daughter)
Blackpool appeared out of the fog, a thousand neon eyes winking from a hunched and gleaming body. (Newlydeads)
Anthology - Contains the following short stories

* "Stalked" by Kelley Armstrong
* "Heorot" by Jim Butcher
* "Roman Holiday, or SPQ-arrrrrr" by Rachel Caine
* "Her Mother's Daughter" by P.N. Elrod (takes place one month after Cold Streets)
* "Newlydeads" by Caitlin Kittredge
*"Where the Heart Lives" by Marjorie M. Liu
* "Cat Got Your Tongue?" by Katie MacAlister
* "Half of Being Married" by Lilith Saintcrow
* "A Wulf in Groom's Clothing" by Ronda Thompson

What newly married couple doesn't dream of a romantic retreat where they can escape the world for a while — but what happens when supernatural forces intrude on their wedded bliss? Nine of today’s hottest paranormal authors answer that question in this all-star collection of supernatural stories. Can a vampire-hunter enjoy her honeymoon after learning that her new hubby is a werewolf? How can newlyweds focus on their wedding night when their honeymoon suite is haunted by feuding ghosts? And what’s a wizard to do when a gruesome monster kidnaps the bride on her way home from the wedding? With so much otherworldly mayhem awaiting our newlyweds, will they ever get around to the honeymoon itself? Find out in...My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon. Kelley Armstrong Jim Butcher Rachel Caine P.N. Elrod Caitlin Kittredge Marjorie M. Liu Katie MacAlister Lilith Saintcrow Ronda Thompson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:16 -0400)

"What newly married couple doesn't dream of a romantic retreat where they can escape the world for awhile - but what happens when supernatural forces intrude on their wedded bliss?" "Nine of today's hottest paranormal authors answer that question in this all-star collection of supernatural stories. Can a vampire-hunter enjoy her honeymoon after learning that her new hubby is a werewolf? How can newlyweds focus on their wedding night when their honeymoon suite is haunted by feuding ghosts? And what's a wizard to do when a gruesome monster kidnaps the bride on her way home from the wedding?" "With so much otherworldly mayhem awaiting our newlyweds, will they ever get around to the honeymoon itself? Find out in...My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,481,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible