My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon (Anthology…

My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon (Anthology 9-in-1)

by P. N. Elrod (Editor)

6891921,368 (3.37)1 / 14
Nine separate tales combine romance with the supernatural in stories of vampires, werewolves, ghosts, and monsters who experience the unusual on their honeymoons.

Anthology of Honeymoon stories. All have a plot line of something supernaturals being on their honeymoon and invariably something goes wrong. Seems to cover a wide variety of things, vampires, werewolves, ghosts and witches. Some stories were great others I thought were terrible. Some that stick in my mind are a noir vampire story where the groom has gone missing. A haunted castle that now functions as a B&B. Werewolves who are on their honeymoon and are being stalked by a younger werewolf. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Aug 8, 2018 |
Stalked by Kelley Armstrong 3 stars. It was not good nor bad
Heorot by Jim Butcher 5 stars I.m going to read more of his work.
Rachel Caine - "Roman Holiday, or SPQ-arrrrr" 5 stars It was really nice
Her Mother's Daughter by P.N. Elrod 4 stars
Newlydeads by Caitlin Kittredge

Where the Heart Lives by Marjorie M. Liu
Cat Got Your Tongue? by Katie MacAlister
Half of Being Married by Lilith Saintcrow
A Wulf in Groom's Clothing by Ronda Thompson
  Emmy_Gerard | Jun 3, 2016 |
The problem with these stories was that all the authors already had a series, or wanted one. Authors like Armstrog and Butcher had to introduce new readers to their long-established worlds while not alienating old readers. New authors felt the need to fit entire mythologies and backstories into the honeymoons. Few were even marginally successful.
The readable
Stalked, by Kelly Armstrong. Cute interplay between Elena, the only female werewolf, and her new husband (but old flame) Clay. This was one of the only stories that made me believe the newlyweds actually liked each other.

Herot, by Jim Butcher. I hate Butcher almost as much as I hate his main character, the wizard Harry Dresden, but this was a pretty good story. The plot wasn't great and the big reveal wasn't a revelation. That said, the story had a good pace and a great fight scene.

Her Mother's Daughter by PN Elrod. A sweet little noir tale about a vamp detective (hah!) seeking a woman's new husband, who disappeared during the wedding reception.

Roman Holiday by Rachel Caine had a ridiculous premise and two silly main characters, but one of the pirate antagonists was hot as hell. I'd read an entire series about HIM.

Newlydeads by Caitlin Kittredge. I really liked the two main characters--Pete, a London detective who has just learned about the supernatural, and her childhood friend Jack, a (former?) junkie mage. I intend to track down more by Kittredge. [edited to add: I did and I regret it. It was awful!]

Where the Heart Lives by Marjorie M Liu was fine.

The terrible:
Cat got your Tongue by Kate MacAlister. Ugh. Cutesy couple encounters equally cutesy ghosts in cutesy Scottish castle.

Half of Being Married by Lilith Saintcrow. A werewolf and a vampire hunter marry and only discover each other's secrets during the honeymoon. For some reason, this story just rubbed me the wrong way, I think because it was so clearly a slightly altered, much condensed version of a book I've read by her.

A Wulf In Grooms Clothing by Ronda Thompson. This one was so badly written as to be embarrassing. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
2.5 Stars

I liked this, but not as much as "My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding". The reason being, some of these stories were quite dark and not-so-romantic nor was there as much humor within...but there was an underlying theme of fighting for & rescuing a beloved. All were well written and interesting however not so entertaining.

A few of the story lines:

* Werewolves being stalked on their honeymoon

* A Honeymoon/Family Casino resort where people just disappear

* Jack Fleming aiding a Chicago Gangster's daughter find her kidnapped groom

* Harry Dresden going underground to rescue a bride from a fertile Grendel

* A young girl sent to live with a family that keeps a graveyard...who rescues a stolen bride from the Queen of the Forest

Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
I am just reading Heorot by Jim Butcher... So far so good

Short read. Nice to get some background on a few characters. ( )
  taylor_cc | Jan 6, 2016 |

MacAlister, KatieContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Saintcrow, LilithContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Thompson, RondaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Youll, PaulCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I had to get rid of the mutt. (Stalked)
Laura Wulf was a city girl all the way. (A Wulf in Groom's Clothing)
Anthology - Contains the following short stories

* "Stalked" by Kelley Armstrong
* "Heorot" by Jim Butcher
* "Roman Holiday, or SPQ-arrrrrr" by Rachel Caine
* "Her Mother's Daughter" by P.N. Elrod (takes place one month after Cold Streets)
* "Newlydeads" by Caitlin Kittredge
*"Where the Heart Lives" by Marjorie M. Liu
* "Cat Got Your Tongue?" by Katie MacAlister
* "Half of Being Married" by Lilith Saintcrow
* "A Wulf in Groom's Clothing" by Ronda Thompson

This anthology contains "Stalked" which is part of the Otherworld series, but this anthology is not part of that series.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,920,019 books! | Top bar: Always visible