My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon by P. N.…
6161715,819 (3.37)1 / 14
Recently added byMidge427, chriscg88, autw, private library, hmurya, booklover369, SashaM, voleneem, dizneemoon

The problem with these stories was that all the authors already had a series, or wanted one. Authors like Armstrog and Butcher had to introduce new readers to their long-established worlds while not alienating old readers. New authors felt the need to fit entire mythologies and backstories into the honeymoons. Few were even marginally successful.
The readable
Stalked, by Kelly Armstrong. Cute interplay between Elena, the only female werewolf, and her new husband (but old flame) Clay. This was one of the only stories that made me believe the newlyweds actually liked each other.

Herot, by Jim Butcher. I hate Butcher almost as much as I hate his main character, the wizard Harry Dresden, but this was a pretty good story. The plot wasn't great and the big reveal wasn't a revelation. That said, the story had a good pace and a great fight scene.

Her Mother's Daughter by PN Elrod. A sweet little noir tale about a vamp detective (hah!) seeking a woman's new husband, who disappeared during the wedding reception.

Roman Holiday by Rachel Caine had a ridiculous premise and two silly main characters, but one of the pirate antagonists was hot as hell. I'd read an entire series about HIM.

Newlydeads by Caitlin Kittredge. I really liked the two main characters--Pete, a London detective who has just learned about the supernatural, and her childhood friend Jack, a (former?) junkie mage. I intend to track down more by Kittredge. [edited to add: I did and I regret it. It was awful!]

Where the Heart Lives by Marjorie M Liu was fine.

The terrible:
Cat got your Tongue by Kate MacAlister. Ugh. Cutesy couple encounters equally cutesy ghosts in cutesy Scottish castle.

Half of Being Married by Lilith Saintcrow. A werewolf and a vampire hunter marry and only discover each other's secrets during the honeymoon. For some reason, this story just rubbed me the wrong way, I think because it was so clearly a slightly altered, much condensed version of a book I've read by her.

A Wulf In Grooms Clothing by Ronda Thompson. This one was so badly written as to be embarrassing. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
2.5 Stars

I liked this, but not as much as "My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding". The reason being, some of these stories were quite dark and not-so-romantic nor was there as much humor within...but there was an underlying theme of fighting for & rescuing a beloved. All were well written and interesting however not so entertaining.

A few of the story lines:

* Werewolves being stalked on their honeymoon

* A Honeymoon/Family Casino resort where people just disappear

* Jack Fleming aiding a Chicago Gangster's daughter find her kidnapped groom

* Harry Dresden going underground to rescue a bride from a fertile Grendel

* A young girl sent to live with a family that keeps a graveyard...who rescues a stolen bride from the Queen of the Forest

Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
I am just reading Heorot by Jim Butcher... So far so good

Short read. Nice to get some background on a few characters. ( )
  taylor_cc | Jan 6, 2016 |
A collection of short stories by some of todays best known "supernatural" authors including Kelley Armstrong, Jim Butcher, and Rachel Cain. As the title suggests all of the stories were of the "supernatural" variety, were based on the honeymoon theme, and were for the most part light-hearted. It was a nice light read to take on vacation. It also introduced me to a new character by the name of Harry Dresden. I will definitely be checking out the books by Jim Butcher.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
Rating is only for the Kelley Armstrong and Marjorie M. Liu stories.

Kelley Armstrong's story is set in her Women of the Otherworld series and follows werewolves Elena and Clay on their honeymoon. Its extremely short, only about 35 pages. It was fun to read about Clay and Elena again. My only problem is that in a few places I was confused about a few references. I've only read up to book 5 in the series and this is set between book 7 and 8. So I would recommend reading the entire series up to that point before delving into this one.

Marjorie M. Liu's story was alright, but again way too short to get a really good plot going. This one is quite a few years before the time period of her Dirk and Steele series but is set in the same world. It follows Lucy Steele's story and if you've read [b:The Wild Road|2712887|The Wild Road (Dirk & Steele, #8)|Marjorie M. Liu|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1255710250s/2712887.jpg|2738433] then you'll recognize the woods and cabin. It was a fun short story, but I'll admit I didn't get as into it as I usually do anything she writes. I would recommend this for hardcore fans of the series. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |

Liu, Marjorie M.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
MacAlister, KatieContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Saintcrow, LilithContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Thompson, RondaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I had to get rid of the mutt. (Stalked)
Laura Wulf was a city girl all the way. (A Wulf in Groom's Clothing)
Anthology - Contains the following short stories

* "Stalked" by Kelley Armstrong
* "Heorot" by Jim Butcher
* "Roman Holiday, or SPQ-arrrrrr" by Rachel Caine
* "Her Mother's Daughter" by P.N. Elrod (takes place one month after Cold Streets)
* "Newlydeads" by Caitlin Kittredge
*"Where the Heart Lives" by Marjorie M. Liu
* "Cat Got Your Tongue?" by Katie MacAlister
* "Half of Being Married" by Lilith Saintcrow
* "A Wulf in Groom's Clothing" by Ronda Thompson

What newly married couple doesn't dream of a romantic retreat where they can escape the world for a while — but what happens when supernatural forces intrude on their wedded bliss? Nine of today’s hottest paranormal authors answer that question in this all-star collection of supernatural stories. Can a vampire-hunter enjoy her honeymoon after learning that her new hubby is a werewolf? How can newlyweds focus on their wedding night when their honeymoon suite is haunted by feuding ghosts? And what’s a wizard to do when a gruesome monster kidnaps the bride on her way home from the wedding? With so much otherworldly mayhem awaiting our newlyweds, will they ever get around to the honeymoon itself? Find out in...My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon. Kelley Armstrong Jim Butcher Rachel Caine P.N. Elrod Caitlin Kittredge Marjorie M. Liu Katie MacAlister Lilith Saintcrow Ronda Thompson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:16 -0400)

"What newly married couple doesn't dream of a romantic retreat where they can escape the world for awhile - but what happens when supernatural forces intrude on their wedded bliss?" "Nine of today's hottest paranormal authors answer that question in this all-star collection of supernatural stories. Can a vampire-hunter enjoy her honeymoon after learning that her new hubby is a werewolf? How can newlyweds focus on their wedding night when their honeymoon suite is haunted by feuding ghosts? And what's a wizard to do when a gruesome monster kidnaps the bride on her way home from the wedding?" "With so much otherworldly mayhem awaiting our newlyweds, will they ever get around to the honeymoon itself? Find out in...My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,851,460 books! | Top bar: Always visible