Bartimäus: Die Pforte des Magiers.…

Bartimäus: Die Pforte des Magiers. Bartimäus 03.: Bd 3 (original 2006; edition 2008)

by Jonathan Stroud, Jonathan Stroud (Author), Katharina Orgaß (Übersetzer), Gerald Jung (Übersetzer)

Member:The-Boffin
Title:Bartimäus: Die Pforte des Magiers. Bartimäus 03.: Bd 3
Authors:Jonathan Stroud
Other authors:Jonathan Stroud (Author), Katharina Orgaß (Übersetzer), Gerald Jung (Übersetzer)
Info:Cbj (2008), Broschiert, 608 pages

Ptolemy's Gate by Jonathan Stroud (2006)

English (73)  German (4)  All languages (77)
This was my favorite episode in the Bartimaeous trilogy. My favorite characters were front and center bickering and sassing each other. Stroud showed his usual wit and sarcasm, but also showed his ingenuity with this storyline. I thought I knew how the story would end, but I was wrong. However, I think Stroud ended the series perfectly!" ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
What a great book! I'm just loving this series more and more, although I am curious if the story will continue with the next or rather be a sort of prequel. Nathaniel, Kitty, and Bartimaeus are just great characters. Stroud did a great job with their development. I can't wait to read more from him. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
A good end to the trilogy. Still not as good as the first book in the series, but a good, solid conclusion. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
Third in the trilogy, the rest of which I read ages ago, so I don't know why it took me so long to get to this. Dark, funny, inventive with well drawn characters and ingenious plots. Brilliant ending, where heroism and redemption come at a heavy cost. ( )
  Nigel_Quinlan | Oct 21, 2015 |
I don't know why this book took my so long to read, because it was fantastic from beginning to end. Bartimaeus is always awesome. Nathaniel is, y'know, annoying, but also awesome. Same for Kitty.

Jonathan Stroud has very human characters, which I appreciate. They've all got quite a lot of layers, and the way that they're presented makes them just seem very very human. So while I find Nathaniel and Kitty annoying, I like them both very much as well.

The plot is really great too. Perfectly balanced. I don't want to give too much away, though.

And the ending. Oh my gosh the ending. Beautiful. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Jun 15, 2015 |

Jonathan Stroudprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Grant, MelvynCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jones, SimonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Isabelle, with love
The assassins dropped into the palace grounds at midnight, four fleet shadows dark against the wall. (Prologue)
Times change.

Nathaniel, Kitty
and Bartimaeus battle
legion of demons.
(passion4reading)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 078683868X, Paperback)

Three years have passed since the magician Nathaniel helped prevent a cataclysmic attack on London. Now an established member of the British Government, he faces unprecedented problems: foreign wars are going badly; Britain`s enemies are mounting attacks close to London; and rebellion is fomenting among the commoners. Increasingly imperious and distracted, Nathaniel is treating Bartimaeus worse than ever. The longsuffering djinni is growing weak and vulnerable from too much time in this world and is nearing the end of his patience. Meanwhile, Nathaniel`s longtime rival Kitty has been stealthily completing her research on magic, demons, and Bartimaeus`s past. She has a daring plan that she hopes will break the endless cycle of conflict between djinn and humans. But will anyone listen to what she has to say? In this glorious conclusion to the Bartimaeus trilogy, the destinies of Bartimaeus, Nathaniel, and Kitty converge once more. Together the threesome faces treacherous magicians, a complex conspiracy, and a rebellious faction of demons. To survive, they must test the limits of this world and question the deepest parts of themselves. And most difficult of all-they will have to learn to trust one another.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:18 -0400)

Bartimaeus, Nathanial, and Kitty face treacherous magicians and an enemy from "The Other Place" that threatens London and the world.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,753,023 books! | Top bar: Always visible