Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Home Planet by Kevin W. Kelley

The Home Planet (original 1988; edition 1988)

by Kevin W. Kelley (Editor), Jacques-Yves Cousteau (Foreword)

Member:3rdChurch
Title:The Home Planet
Authors:Kevin W. Kelley (Editor)
Other authors:Jacques-Yves Cousteau (Foreword)
Info:Addison-Wesley (1988), Edition: First Edition, 256 pages

The Home Planet by Kevin W. Kelley (1988)

This table top book conveys the grandeur of earth and the mystery of space through 150 stunning photographs - many never published- selected from the entire Soviet and American Archives. Included are interviews, articles, and air-to-ground- transmissions, and it follows the loose chronology of a space mission.
  paamember | Jan 13, 2016 |
I wrote the following review approximately eight years ago at Amazon.com: A beautiful glimpse of the "Blue Marble" of space., February 23, 1998 When I purchased this book about ten years ago I decided I wanted to be "buried" in space. This book is full of photographs of Earth--our Home Planet--capturing the essence of the words "Pictures are worth a thousand words." This book is analogous to going out alone, in the middle of nowhere, staring up at the clear starry night sky and attempting to answer that time immortal question, "Why". ( )
  JimHim | Jun 28, 2006 |
A striking volume combining photographs taken from space with personal narratives by Russian and American astronauts.
  gibbon | Nov 21, 2005 |

Through words and photographs, space pioneers share their experiences in outer space.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,526,848 books! | Top bar: Always visible